Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Coronavirus and European travel in March
  • infidel
    Free Member

By contrast I’m on a plane flying back to Stanstead from Naples. Its full.

epicyclo

One thing about coronavirus, it’s easy to spot who’s been on holiday in hot spots…

Dickyboy

Aviva says that people will still be able to buy its travel insurance – but they will not be able to add cover for travel disruption.

Looks like we got the add on for travel disruption cover just in time, fingers crossed we don’t have to use it 🤞

danip85
    Free Member

Sorry I dont have any advice to offer.

My sister was meant to fly to Rome yesterday and even though the foreign office are advising against all non essential to Italy her flight was still going so shes lost the money.

5lab

if she’s got travel insurance she shouldn’t have – any half-decent policy will cover for government advice changing

anagallis_arvensis

if she’s got travel insurance she shouldn’t have – any half-decent policy will cover for government advice changing

Mine doesnt, bought through British Cycling

mashr

As above, the insurance co will take the FCO’s advice over the departure board. Have they actually knocked back the claim or is it just an assumption?

bazzer
    Free Member

I fly to Almeria tomorrow for 3 days on the track there, can’t wait. More worried about someone having it on the plane and me having to stay locked up for a fortnight than I am of being really ill.

anagallis_arvensis

Have they actually knocked back the claim or is it just an assumption?

Under all Ageas underwritten policies there is ‘specified cause’ cancellation cover, which does not extend to cancellation due to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office advising against travel to a country (or parts of a country).

In the first instance customers with travel booked to areas that the FCO have advised against travel to should contact their airline or tour operator in order to obtain a refund or arrange an alternative holiday.

pjm7
    Free Member

Off to Portimao at the end of the month, 4 days on track, plus an extra 2 days there, just gonna keep my fingers crossed everything goes ahead, if I have to have 2 weeks off when I come back, so be it…

Dickyboy

Oh poo 🙁 hmmm vouchers from airline that might go pop or claim from travel insurance, will I even get the choice? Overall about £1900 for flights only for me & Mrs to visit my sister in Africa for first time in 20yrs…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Coronavirus and European travel in March’ is closed to new replies.