Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cordless pressure washer that isn’t a Worx Hydroshot
  • wishiwascalledsteve

Can anyone recommend a cordless pressure washer, or alternative portable bike washing solution… That isn’t a Worx Hydroshot?

I live in an apartment that is impractical for using a hosepipe and need a way to wash bikes at home and away.
    I had a Worx Hydroshot that hasnt had alot of use and has just decided to stop working and to be honest I kept getting fed up of the hose lifting out of the water every 30seconds, so I don’t want another.

Seen the Karcher OC3 portable washer that looks great for the car, but looks a bit weak for home use!?

Garry_Lager

The mobi is OK – generic model sold in a few different places. It’s not nearly as good as the worx, tbh, but it’s powerful enough to clean a bike no prob and the water tank is integrated. Charging point corroded on mine so it could only be used with the direct car charger, heard a few others having this problem, but I didn’t look after mine particularly carefully.

toofarwest

I have a Mobi (well I have two) the first one turned up from CRC damaged so they sent me another. The fact they told me to keep the first as spares says a lot.
    The guns don’t last long, I replaced with a standard Hozelock type one. It also leaks from the hose connector at the base so I leave it in a bucket if there’s any water left in it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My mate has that Karcher. Its rubbish.

wishiwascalledsteve

Thanks for the info folks

steveh

Just need to add something to the end of the hose with the filter. I’ve got some wheel weights cable tied to the end to keep it submerged.

razorrazoo

Just need to add something to the end of the hose with the filter. I’ve got some wheel weights cable tied to the end to keep it submerged.

Was just thinking that next time I pass the fishing tackle shop I’ll buy a weight and cable tie it to the hose.  That aside the Worx is great for me.

scc999

I got the Worx as the Mobi I had kept failing and I got sick of trying to keep it running with no backup from CRC at all.

Black and Decker do one, but it looks pretty similar to a Worx, so you might not want to take a punt on that.

Bosch also do one, pricey but definitely not a Worx clone.

Si

SirHC

To stop the hose coming out, attach some weights/washers to the hose.

benpinnick

I zip tied half a dozen old M10 nuts to mine, works a treat. Then buy yourself a decent sized water canister (20/30L) for £10 from your local hardware shop….. Perfect.

Ewan
    Free Member

You can get an adaptor for the hydroshot that will allow you to attach a normal 2L pop bottle. I find one 2l bottle is enough to wash 1 bike.

monkeyboyjc

I kept getting fed up of the hose lifting out of the water every 30seconds

I took the filter off the hose and connected the end to the spout of a 10ltr water carrier/tank with self amalgamating tape for the back of the car, open the lid when in use to let air in etc. Had no issues.

binman

If you have a Hydroshot already and the batteries and charger work, it might be worth just getting a ‘bare’ replacement. Should be alot cheaper. You could get a few quid for battery / charger / pipe / filter if you move on.

I bought a 20l plastic jerrycan and the pipe stays in the bottom of the can without any problem, once you move the float up. Adding a weight is an added bonus

kaiser
    Free Member

Surely a large pump up garden sprayer with a paint brush would do the job and be cheap ?you could also have a small plant sprayer of tfr to help dislodge the muck .

bill-oddie
    Free Member

OP my hydroshot stopped drawing water through in the winter for some reason. Possibly clogged a bit?

I attached to a tap with a normal garden hose / hose lock fittings. Turned on tap and it worked again when trigger pulled. Has been perfect since.

Maybe worth trying

hainman
    Free Member

My uncle bought the Spear and Jackson one for doing his caravan
    Looks the part
    Pretty similar to the worx
    I have a worx and works fine
    Wee bit of water drops out the join between the gun and Lance,will use a bit of plumbers tape to try seal it,does exactly what i need and I have an Aldi drill and batteries off that work on the hydro shot so I now have ; batteries

razorrazoo

Surely a large pump up garden sprayer with a paint brush would do the job and be cheap ?you could also have a small plant sprayer of tfr to help dislodge the muck .

Been down that route, waste of time, lots of effort for a weedy jet

sl2000

@bill-oddie

OP my hydroshot stopped drawing water through in the winter for some reason. Possibly clogged a bit?

Mine did this and was quickly fixed by tightening the hose-to-hydroshot connection. There’s also a filter there that may need cleaning.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cordless pressure washer that isn’t a Worx Hydroshot’ is closed to new replies.