Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • copying (a recorded) DVD using a pc for replay on std player ?
  • scaredypants

recorded some VHS to DVD on our DVD recorder, finalised the recording and gave DVD and tape back to a neighbour who wanted it copied. It played fine on my machine and also on another neighbour’s but not his (he can play other discs but not this one (well, 3 actually))

He now has the dvd but not the tape (gave it back to his dad)

If he gives me back the original DVD, how do I make a precise copy onto a better disc (were v cheap ones he gave me apparently) so it can play ?
    DOes it have to be an iso copy or what ?

(think I sorted last night’s router stuff, btw – thanks to those who replied)

scaredypants

another try – anyone ?

(I have a disc of “Nero” but it’s refusing to run on 64bit – windows 7 BTW)

DezB
    Free Member

Dvdshrink to rip the content.
    Then Windows has its own built in burning sw, – burn the Video_ts and audio_ts folders to the root of a DVD-R disc

scaredypants

rip, or just copy Dez? – they’re already on the original disc

How do I access the Windows software ?

DezB
    Free Member

You’ll need to rip it, Dvdshrink is free, very easy to use.
    When I stick a blank dvd in the drive Windows pops up a prompt “do you want to copy files to this disc” or something similar.
    If you don’t get the prompt theres a Burn option on the menu bar in Explorer.

scaredypants

Ta, I’ll have a look (though did find some software that looks like it might do it too)

DezB
    Free Member

Actually, come to think of it (haven’t used it in a while) dvdshrink will do the whole thing for you – basically create a backup.
    It’s probably the DVD type which means your neighbour can’t play it and DVD-R is the most compatible type.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘copying (a recorded) DVD using a pc for replay on std player ?’ is closed to new replies.