Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Cool t shirt
  • BigEls
    Free Member

looking at cool t shirt designs bike and non bike related.

What tickles your pickle?

Photos please…

huggis
    Free Member

M

Cougar

Depends what you define as “cool.”

https://www.qwertee.com/

JoeG
    Free Member

Leku
    Free Member

you win.

binners

Designed by some bloody chancer…

Rotor Deck T-Shirt (Unisex)

bikebouy
    Free Member

My fave..

kayak23

drlex
    Free Member

http://www.teefury.com

has a daily T and a fair selection. Downside is shipping.

seadog101

Red Molotov do some smart ones, this being a favourite:

https://www.redmolotov.com/catalogue/tshirts/all/shipping-forecast-areas-tshirt.html

Drac
    theotherjonv

Image result for giro ditalia t-shirt

qwerty
    Free Member

Surely a cool t shirt is a vest….

breadcrumb

I like that Rust components tee.

Is it ok to wear a branded t-shirt when you don’t use the product?

Bez

Er, do you know the history around that slogan, bikebuoy? Decidedly not cool.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Superdry do some great t shirts.

I especially like the ones with random Japanese characters and words like “Property of Athletic Div. Inc.” on them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I do know the history yes.

Started by some agreived DJ who hated Disco because it was being played over his beloved Rock, he then started a campaign proclaiming Disco has both racist and homophobic overtones and blurting out racism and homophobia himself. The campaign gathered pace with Rock fans trashing a BeeGees gig and then the hard right political movement got involved and started to use the political power they had to lay over the top of Disco that only Blacks and Gays listened to it.

Thankfully the irony is too obvious and Disco Sucks t-shirt became a moniker, ne’ a brand, for hatred against racism, homophobia, bigots and misogyny.

I wear mine with pride.

HTHs.

Bez

I must have missed the memo about it becoming a pro-equality message. Got any links to help lift me out of 1979?

andeh

I made some shirts a while ago….is shameless self promotion acceptable?

Other t-shirt manufacturers are avaliable

disben

Rapanui are based down on the IOW and make organic t-shirts which are pretty cool (I have 4 so far). They have good environmental values and t-shirts are really comfortable!

perchypanther
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

I must have missed the memo about it becoming a pro-equality message. Got any links to help lift me out of 1979?

I reckon you should get yourself to a proper good disco (usually in a tent in a field these days) grab yourself a bit of whatever everyone is having, get into the music

You’ll soon realise that the power of love is stronger than the power of hate, even if you’re wearing an ironic t-shirt

Klunk
    Free Member

hodgynd
    Free Member

They might have been ” cool ” just prior to you posting them on here …but the moment you did they went from ” cool” to “naff”….

If you are trying that hard to be cool ..youre missing the point ..

bodgy
    Free Member

bodgy
    Free Member

Bez

I reckon you should get yourself to a proper good disco (usually in a tent in a field these days) grab yourself a bit of whatever everyone is having, get into the music

You’ll soon realise that the power of love is stronger than the power of hate, even if you’re wearing an ironic t-shirt.

Yeah, I get that, don’t worry. (Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, badum-tischh…)

It’s just that if I saw someone walking down the road wearing a “disco sucks” T-shirt I’d assume they were either overtly anti-gay or had no idea what they were wearing. I’m asking, entirely genuinely, whether that assumption would be wrong, and if so when and how the meaning changed and it “became a brand for hatred against racism, homophobia, bigots and misogyny.”

If it did, great, I just missed out on that bit of its history and I’d like to know about it.

(And yes, I do get irony too, but if it’s just one person doing it with no context whatsoever it’s a bit of a dry hump to make it work when irony isn’t most people’s first assumption of explanation. And when you do end up trying to explain it, it all goes a bit Schrödinger’s Douchebag.)

CountZero

I have to admit that I would never have thought that a ‘disco sucks’ tee was homophobic, but then, I’m not American, and I’ve never been interested enough in the music or any political issues that may have arisen around it.

That’s not to say I hate disco, there’s some I really like, same as some dance, EDM, and such.

One of my current faves is this:

and this one:

bikebouy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the Disco Sucks T, it is just a t-shirt after all.

And let’s face it, who hasn’t used the object to proclaim an allegiance to a movement..

Reason I remember it was because I was in the US back then and it became a moniker of our youth, you either liked Disco or didn’t, if you liked it you wore the T, if you hated it you wore the T..

Anyway..

I vote this as another option..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or..

Who didn’t own one of these babies back then..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Popular with some back in the 90’s..

Could be coming back into fashion in say.. 10 years so best get in before the rush..

Saccades
    Free Member

Thursdayshirts do some pretty cool ones…

edhornby

Good shout disben I like the sharks, andeh yours is good too and given I’m a 29ing mincer I don’t usually go for DH style stuff 🙂

I have a JMC one of Binners’ design , its a good quality and fits well and not too bikey

DezB
    Free Member

Trouble with wearing an “ironic” or meaningful t-shirt ‘with pride’ is that the majority of people who see will just think  “He doesn’t like disco music.” pretty pointless really, I’m sure you’ll agree.

I’ve got a JMC t as well. I like it, but I’m not sure if it’s cool. My son doesn’t think it is. I think my Clipping t-shirt is cool, but my And Yet it Moves t-shirt has had the most comments. Although a big bouncer geezer nodded and smiled at my “Allo Gov’ner” (JJ Doom) t at a gig once. I was pleased with that.

GrahamS
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anything from a band or artist that split up or died before you were born

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Planks, Graham?

Admitting that skiing is cooler. Finally!

Some good people at Planks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Cool t shirt’ is closed to new replies.