Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Cool t shirt
  • maccruiskeen

Anything from a band or artist that split up or died before you were born

I know. Bloody Johnny-come-lately’s with their Ramones tshirts from Topshop.

I’ve been wearing my Schrödinger’s Douchebag tshirt since they released ‘Difficult Second Album’ on limited edition splatter vinyl in 1973.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does the new forum have a Like button yet?

yunki
    Free Member

Trouble with wearing an “ironic” or meaningful t-shirt ‘with pride’ is that the majority of people who see will just think  “He doesn’t like disco music.” pretty pointless really, I’m sure you’ll agree

depends where you’re wearing though..

If you’re wearing it at a disco then folks will get it..

If you’re wearing a ‘cool’ ironic T-shirt with pride just on a daily basis as you go about your business, you might have to question whether you may in fact be a complete Colin Hunt

what about this one?

frankconway

Always wanted an original R Crumb Keep on Trucking tee.

Crumb lost control of his copyright hence my reference to ‘original’.

If the link works you will see the image.

A true classic.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=keep+on+truckin&client=safari&rls=en&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=xuwDKLnyZZQYoM%253A%252Ced_ayQGsDIavPM%252C_&usg=__IrPaioNuCWlCWQK99zC5EPY8nts%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlmIyfl8LZAhUHK8AKHVobDaUQ_h0IswEwDQ#imgrc=xuwDKLnyZZQYoM:

CountZero

Anything from a band or artist that split up or died before you were born

I’m often quietly amused when I see teens wearing Led Zeppelin US Tour tees, as well as Ramones tees.

Never did see the Ramones, sadly, and the Zeppelin tee I had from Earle’s Court was an iron-on design, and faded after six months.

Wouldn’t fit me now, anyway, and my Buzzcocks tee is too tight to wear in polite company.

I’ve got three Curve tees from two different tours back in the 90’s that are still wearable, mind.

GrahamS

Planks, Graham?

Admitting that skiing is cooler. Finally!

Some good people at Planks!

Nah #Boarder4life 😁 but Planks sponsor Woodsy so yeah, good people, and I thought their t-shirts looked decent.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Love the reaction this T shirt gets when ,almost everyone miss reads it.

lapdog
    Free Member

I quite fancy a Disco Sucks tee shirt now. But only people on this thread would understand the complex frisson of its meaning though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loving the Crims Countzero! Saw both those tours.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m often quietly amused when I see teens wearing Led Zeppelin US Tour tees, as well as Ramones tees.

You realise they only wear them because they sell them in Top Shop? Or because they’ve seen some useless celeb wearing one. Most of them probably don’t even know it’s a band.

nedrapier

I saw  shorty’s skateboards t shirt with an arty logo  print.  If you took a pinch either side and pulled it up a couple of inches up to hide a fold of the logo, it said “**** off” instead.

Edit.  I remembered it being artier and funnier.  I might have been about 15 when I saw it last though!

Don’t Don’t know what’s happened to image posting.  Comes up fine just with the image address on its own in preview. then doesn’t show in the thread.  tried with the img tags and that doesn’t work either.

mariner
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GyB9t9]libertarian-shirts-worst-part-of-censorship-tee_1024x1024[/url] by michaelandamanda, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t know what’s happened to image posting.

It’s become easier, just copy the image and paste it.

If you have permission to link it, it’ll appear. That t-shirt shop has blocked direct linking by the look of it.

So you have to do this

jam1e
    Free Member

If you need really cool t-shirts with obscure references to popular culture this site is you:

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/category/t-shirts_3/

cheese@4p

A good plain white tee takes some beating

DezB
    Free Member

“lastexittonowhere.com” – one man’s cool is another man’s massively nerdy!

I have one of these t-shirts somewhere – https://tinyurl.com/y8taynzu<b>  </b>not the same as the one Nile Rodgers is wearing, but he’s pretty cool, so I’m in good company. Plus you can’t get them anymore 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

T-shirtI like this one.

Pyro

You’ll soon realise that the power of love is stronger than the power of hate,

Which version? Charley Pride, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Huey Lewis & the News or Jennifer Rush?

yunki
    Free Member

You missed Gabrielle Aplin, Uni’verss

and Englebert Humperdinck amongst others..

I was actually thinking more along the lines of

rOcKeTdOg

View this post on Instagram

#NWAlpsCC #ifindoubtflatout #tshirt

A post shared by NWAlpsCC (@nwalpscc) on

trailwagger
    Free Member

Stick this on a t-shirt
    <div class=”irc_mutc isODlr39RBYY-s4mcypHTTek”>Image result for disco ducks</div>

edlong
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Edlong wins.

yunki
    Free Member

agree 🙂

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I live in Tee’s when not in work, and am always on the look put for some thing different, tend to get stuff from things like local Roller Derby Teams, (Rioy City Ravens, Tiger Bay Brawlers) and independent bike clubs such as NLTCBMBC whio do limited runs of stuff, (Pizzagram being a personal fave) currently awaiting delivery from Bad Monday Apparel.

one small note, must remember not to wear the “F— Chain Store Skate Shops” Tee from CSC on casual Friday if customers are coming in.

I’ll check back later for more recommendations.

RJ

dettigers02
    Free Member

ofcourse when talking about cool shirt the “Three Wolf Moon” will always be on top! it has Awesome review on Amazon.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny thing happened to me when wearing a home made t-shirt many years ago. Mate of mine taught himself to screen print tees and I got him to do me one of the infamous Big Black album sleeve. No words, just the pic and the back cover on the back.

I was wearing the t-shirt in Greece on holiday and we went into a little shop. As I was paying for something the young fella on the till spies my tee and shouts “SONGS ABOUT FOOKING!!” in a broad Greek accent! I was quite embarrassed! 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Am I the only one looking at Rocketdog and thinking of this guy?

If in doubt, Flump out.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

OP: what are you trying to achieve with this t shirt? Make a statement? Be ‘cool’ (however you define this)? Or purely keep your nips warm?

perchypanther
    Free Member

What the OP needs is a Global Hypercolor t-shirt.

Then it would be immediately evident how cool or otherwise they were

metalheart
    Free Member

johnx2
    Free Member

Funny thing happened to me when wearing a home made t-shirt many years ago.

I’ll be the judge of that.

DezB
    Free Member

I think it was a “you had to be there” moment. 😛

the-muffin-man

SaxonRider

I love that one, metalheart.

retro83
    Free Member

CountZero

You realise they only wear them because they sell them in Top Shop? Or because they’ve seen some useless celeb wearing one. Most of them probably don’t even know it’s a band.

And not just Top Shop, I believe Foster Bros sold similar at one time, and also No Fear, instantly removing any semblance of street cool the brand may have previously had.

Girls seem fond of the Ramones tees, possibly because models seem to have picked up on them.

The tees I wish I could still fit into are my old Stiff Records ones, although I loaned my ‘If It Ain’t Stiff It Ain’t Worth A ****’ to my then g/f and never got it back. 🤬

dovebiker

Never did see the Ramones, sadly

Count yourself lucky – easily the worst band I ever saw live, they were so stoned they could barely play…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

allthegear
    Free Member

scarfolk tshirt

Rather like the Scarfolk ones…

Rachel

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Cool t shirt’ is closed to new replies.