Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Container of 127 Giant e-bikes stolen from the A12
  • Ben_Haworth

As reported by the canny folks over at BikeBiz, Giant are the victims of a rather brazen burglary. An entire container load of 127 Giant electric bike …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Container of 127 Giant e-bikes stolen from the A12

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

mashr

The thieves must be buzzing after pulling that off! Hopefully the end up getting charged.

I’m not even sorry

dawson

Got to be an inside job. It would take a good while to handball those out of a container and needs sufficient transport arrangements to cart them away

matt_outandabout

Some forumites must be *desperate* not to see eBikes on the trails 😉

leafythebear
    Free Member

Don’t worry, the British Police will recover them and bring the perpetrators to justice… https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/17/police-are-only-solving-5-of-street-burglaries-and-robberies-7639064/

chrismac

Definitely well planned. How would you know what is in that tatty shipping container

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

“Definitely well planned. How would you know what is in that tatty shipping container“

Customs declaration form or access to something like Shippeo showing real time freight visibility – or the transport management system used to book the overland freight

dissonance

What does stolen on the A12 mean? I assume parked in a layby since whilst it is a rather pathetic road given the traffic on it and hence due to delays I am sure it would have been noticed even in the normal rolling traffic jam.

BigJohn

A criminal maestro no less. Or a Mr Big.

bigrich

was the driver ok? I’d be worried about battery.

matt_outandabout

A criminal maestro no less. Or a Mr Big.

They Lust after more, but if the police arrive they go into Overdrive to Escape the Talon of the law.

johnnystorm

It’s a shame the security system wasn’t able to Defy the thieves after they fathomed out how to get past it. I expect the police will now be in overdrive to catch the culprits. They’ll make contact soon enough and the criminals won’t roam free for much longer.

Sandwich

My garage is a bit full of Giant branded boxes. Once the heat dies down I’ll be knocking them out at a reasonable price with a “car-park warranty”.

You ain’t seen me, right?

indeedfox
    Free Member

The industry has suffered from theft for decades and has done nothing to try and prevent it, or make it harder to sell on stolen goods. eBikes represent a huge opportunity to go a small step in thwarting theft. How about something in the software that renders the bike useless until it’s activated through a code or, better still, a charging system that bricks the bike if reported stolen. Obviously, I’m just spitballing an immediate thought but the boffins should be able to come up with something that’s viable. It’s a quick way to sell 127 eBikes though. Thanks Mr Insurance company. Edited: of course I’m kidding about the last bit.

argee

It’s hard to fathom how this happened, the driver must have been in a trance during this theft, i just hope Giant take a stance against this as you don’t want to embolden criminals with this type of theft, it’s just revolt-ing.

Hopefully these thieves reign of terror is short-Liv-ed

Riksbar

It’s hard to fathom how this happened, the driver must have been in a trance during this theft,

The driver was probably in his cab keeping safe. Even ringing the police these days there’s very little chance of a rapid response and with a gang there’s nothing the driver can do to stop it. See an account of a robbery mentioned in this article on a truckers day.

argee

I just hope the police change their stance on this type of crime.

multi21
    Free Member

So why have they not said the time and location of the robbery?
    Somebody may well have it on recorded on their dashcam, however Thursday on the A12 is absolutely useless for anybody to check this. I was on that road for around 2 hours on Thursday, however the the road is about 100 miles in length so there’s no way I’m going to bother checking my footage without narrowing it down.

MoreCashThanDash

I was on that road for around 2 hours on Thursday, however the the road is about 100 miles in length so there’s no way I’m going to bother checking my footage without narrowing it down.

Contact the Police and ask them where and when so you can check if your footage might help?

duckman

Surely they can be bricked the first time somebody tries to charge them?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Container of 127 Giant e-bikes stolen from the A12’ is closed to new replies.