Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Contacting Planet X
  • gruffj
    Free Member

Has anyone had any success in contacting Planet X customer support? I very reluctantly need to cancel an order I placed for a bike. I have had no luck getting any reply from the contact form on the “Contact Us” page, and there seems to be no phone number listed.

zilog6128

mods should make one of these threads a sticky 😂

isn’t it a legal requirement to display a non-computer based contact method? 🤔

allanoleary
    Free Member

I googled a number for them which had a recorded message saying phone lines were closed. It advised a non existent live chat service. I have used the “contact us” option and it has taken up to 5 days to get a reply depending on the enquiry.

087seb
    Free Member

The reason I no longer but anything from planet X. Couple issues with orders and never had a response from customer service, luckily I’ve been refunded through PayPal every time.

richardkennerley

By contrast, I contacted them through the online customer services function about retrospectively applying a discount to a bike I ordered (thereby saving me roughly £150.) Got a response and all sorted out within a couple of days 👌

bri-72

And also in interest of balance, responded by email within a few days (reasonable timescale) to a warranty issue. And refund on its way. And past time I had a warranty issue also solved quick and no issues.

mrmoofo

TBH, it is probably the best reason for not using them. I have and do … but if you have issues then god is easier to contact that Planet X customer service …

cogglepin

Seen a few people contact them on faceache.

damascus
    Free Member

The best way used to be saying @brant x3 and he sorted everything for you. He improved their customer service but he’s left to make trousers.

I thought they had a live chat but as above no longer an option.

Looks like you have to email them and hope they pick it up before they post your bike. Hopefully they are selling loads of bikes and there’s a back log for yours

For balance, I’ve bought loads of things from px and it’s always been spot on and fast service.

gruffj
    Free Member

To be fair, the Planet X customer support have replied to me, and have processed my cancellation. Looks like the long bike build queue was indeed my salvation. I am surprised that the contact form is the only means of communication with Planet X tho.

cloggy

They were recently OK with me too.

unclesomebody
    Free Member

It’s quite hit or miss. I contacted them about a cheapo bike I bought and was told “We don’t know when it’s being built and don’t have any idea when you’ll get it”. At least it was a response. I enquired about another helmet/sock order and didn’t get a response after a week of waiting which makes it hard to cancel…

I think I’m going to move into the camp of never buying anything from them again unless I can wait 6 months and not worry about whether it actually turns up.

nick1962
    Free Member

Contacted them last week by email about the spec of a frame.Got a reply within 48 hours.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bought 2 bikes off them recently, initially very slow to respond, but in the last week or so response has been quicker – their social meeja is very passive.

No complaints from me I found Whyte to be even slower.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Contacting Planet X’ is closed to new replies.