Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Constantly needing to refresh Odd forum behaviour
  • duncancallum

Odd one if I reply and then go back into the thread later I need to refresh to see my reply or any others.

Also just created this thread wasn’t showing on the index til I refreshed

It’s like it’s loading a cached version.

Anyone else seeing this

nickc

Yep, same here.

ocrider

Yep
    I just opened the page and it was identical to when I last visited. Had to refresh to get this morning’s threads.

Edit: I also had to refresh to see this post

Edit: and this edit, ad infinitum…

weeksy

my private messages are all over the place, notifications but then can’t see it, then a little red blob later but no message…

I’ve had a few threads i opened which were from yesterday.

rOcKeTdOg

Working fine on android mobile

the-muffin-man

Same here.

Blue there is a highlighting of the last post in a thread with a keyline in a nice shade of blue! 🙂

butcher

Working fine on android mobile

Not for me it’s not. Same as described above. I can visit a thread which has had several replies since I last visited and it’ll be in the same state, with the same replies as it was on that last visit. Need to manually refresh the page to see latest replies. Same when posting. Not just replies either, but the main forum index. Everything is at a previous state unless refreshed. It’s really messed up.

blokeuptheroad

Yep, it’s driving me nuts!  I noticed someone asked the same question on the chat forum and the thread was closed?  That seemed a bit off without an explanation as to why it was closed or an acknowledgement of the issue and update on remedial action.

verses

#metoo

nickc

Oh yeah, sorry, Chromebook, Google

kilo

It was all over the place last night, showing the last post on the home page but not showing it when you actually opened the thread. It was ok ten minutes ago but is now doing it again. Quite irritating tbh.

sc-xc

There was a thread about this yesterday. Same here on W10/Chrome and Android/Chrome

I have to manually refresh overview, and then manually refresh the thread when I open it.

EDIT – pressed submit, post didn’t show. Had to manually refresh again.

I

DickBarton

Not working on Android, seems to be ok on Mac running Chrome (or it is for me for now).

Mark

Morning everyone. We are aware of this glitch and the tech guys are on it now and will have it fixed shortly. There was a software update yesterday and it’s obviously left us with this snag.

Sorry.

scotroutes

I did wonder if this was some sort of “show posts since I last visited this thread” thing that hadn’t quite worked.

reeksy

Russian hackers triggered by the Ukraine thread

IHN

Yep, noticed in on Android/Chrome and Windows/Edge.

IHN

In fact, it’s literally just done it- typed the message above, clicked on link to main Forum, got an old version of the page, had to refresh to get the latest one.

docrobster
    Free Member

Yeah borked for me on iOS using safari too

bigblackshed

There was a thread about this yesterday. Same here on W10/Chrome and Android/Chrome

I have to manually refresh overview, and then manually refresh the thread when I open it.

EDIT – pressed submit, post didn’t show. Had to manually refresh again.

This^^^^^^^^^

With added accept cookies every time I refresh the overview page, but not individual threads.

iOS 14.8.1 running Safari.

endoverend

Hamsters are on strike.

DickBarton

Yeah, not working on Mac running Chrome either…main thread showing this as most recently updated about 30 seconds ago and when I click on it, it shows my post as the last one. Forced refresh and it now shows all the more recent posts.

Yak

Same here. On Chrome/windows 10.

Poopscoop

Mark
    Morning everyone. We are aware of this glitch and the tech guys are on it now and will have it fixed shortly. There was a software update yesterday and it’s obviously left us with this snag.

Sorry.

These things happen.😁

Might be worth someone posting on the main plebs forum that STW are aware of the issue and working on it though? It’s the lack of info that gets the peasants all riled up imo.

dyna-ti

Seems the mods really really want their tenner for the night out.

duncancallum

@mark cheers mate.

Thought I was going odd….

bruneep

jeezo this is proper rubbish now

robertajobb

This just happened to me a few mins ago.

Poopscoop

The newsletter says there is a fair amount going on behind the scenes on the IT side, so hopefully a little pain for some long term gain.

I’m just used to refreshing now but yeah, it’ll be nice when it’s resolved.😁

butcher

I’m just used to refreshing now but yeah, it’ll be nice when it’s resolved.

I refreshed this morning. It updated… To a newer state… Albeit one from yesterday. There had been at least a dozen threads updated since then, which didn’t show until after several refreshes. It’s practically unusable for me, it’s like being in a time machine without a clock.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.