Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Connected without internet
  • MoreCashThanDash

We have a plug in TP Link WiFi extender upstairs, obviously provides WiFi and also connects family and work computers via Ethernet cable

It seems to have started falling over in the evenings, wifi devices show “Connected without internet”, desktops just show no connection.

Any ideas how/why this has started happening? **** annoying when trying to catch up with work or whatever.

Troubleshooter now telling me “the default gateway is not available”

Yes, I’ve turned it on and off several times.

jam-bo

Whatever it’s connected too isn’t serving a connection. Have you tried turning the main router on/off and re-pairing them

Cougar

You’ve turned “it” off, what’s at the other end?

MoreCashThanDash

Seems to correct/reconnect itself after a couple of longer periods turned off –

You’ve turned “it” off, what’s at the other end?

It being the extender at the computer end, the other end is the master? socket connected to the main household router. Presumably turning both off/re-pairing both is the other answer

peaslaker
    Free Member

Usually it means your computer/phone etc isn’t getting an assigned IP address from the appropriate allocation service (DHCP).

The can be multiple causes. Work out that your router is the only device dishing out IP addresses and examine anything that might be dodgy between the client device all the way back to the router.

Cougar

the other end is the master

… which is why I asked. You’ve rebooted one, reboot the other.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Take it all into the garden and burn it.. Qanon has control of your network.

Cougar

That’s what They want you to think.

MoreCashThanDash

Man, you’d be paranoid too if they were all out to get you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Connected without internet’ is closed to new replies.