Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Confused by X01 AXS pricing
  • twonks

Am I being daft, but I can’t see any difference between kits going for 700-900 in the UK and the below for £560 – apart from a red cage on the derailleur?

https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sram-x01-eagle-axs-rocker-groupset/138079748/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=12989850&country=uk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmeKQBhDvARIsAHJ7mF5EGhFFwewQsSh2BCQpHkRLbWLXk-lXmeySFbm0B8goTaEP6pF6W8YaAqXwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I fancied some new shiny on my bike and was all set to get GX, but at this price I went with the X01.

The T&Cs of BikeInn say I won’t get charged import duty either.

Should be here next week so will see what turns up and what I get charged but seems a bit too good to be true.

v7fmp

looking at the reviews it seems legit. Not heard too much wrong with BikeInn, so could well be a rare treat… a modern day bargain.

Ive had AXS for about two years now, absolutely love it!

monkeyboyjc

Nothing wrong with bikeinn and nothing wrong with the deal. I’ve xo1 AXS on my bike and it’s been great but it gx AXS had been around when I bought mine I’d have prob gone with that as a the weight savings aren’t really worth the additional cash imo.

twonks

Thanks. I did a fair bit of research on the company first, including what has been said over the years here. Figured I’d spend £20 odd extra for DHL 2 day shipping on such an expensive order, and I have a despatch notification and tracking info already. Fingers crossed.

Already have an AXS dropper on the bike and despite being without one for months when it went faulty last year (replaced under warranty), the function is so much better than a normal dropper I thought I’d go the full hog.

salad_dodger

There are still decent deals to be had. I just ordered the mech from Wiggle and gear shifter from Bikester and it came all in at £541.

monkeyboyjc

@salad_dodger you’ll still need a battery and charger…..

bigfoot
    Free Member

had a few things from bikeinn, all been fine. waiting for some pedals at the moment but went for the cheaper delivery as not in a rush which can be quite slow, ordered last wednesday night and now showing as ready for delivery which i assume means they are now in the uk as they were showing as exported from holland yesterday.

akira

Yeah last time I looked I couldn’t find any sram batteries for sale and didn’t want to go for random battery.

twonks

I’ve got a spare battery coming from Wiggle today – £40.
    The copies are £35 on Amazon although could probably get them cheaper on Alibaba etc.

Not really too bothered about saving a few quid on batteries in the grand scheme of total AXS costs.
    Shall take the spare battery with me on rides, and I am about to research showing battery level on Garmin bike computers (Edge 530 specifically)

appltn

I just spotted the GX kit for £382 from Lordgun.

I think I’m reading the description correctly that this price includes uk VAT also but you might pay it on import rather than at checkout.

Still not sure if I’d want it although it is tempting…

twonks

@appltn I looked at them when researching and their pricing structure only really becomes clear when going onto the checkout. The prices include UK vat up to £135, after that the duty and additional freight handling charges are imposed by the carrier at time of delivery.

So the duties and delivery additions need to be added onto their costs once it is over £135, making a significant difference.

Hopefully I have not missread the small print on BikeInn, as they don’t seem to work like that 😅

teethgrinder

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with vat and duty…bikeinn have gx eagle cassettes cheap as well.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If that’s including import and VAT it’s v.cheap. I got my GX AXS at cost from UK shop and was more than that Lordgun price.

monkeyboyjc

Bikeinn have UK wearhouse or company registration so you won’t be charged duty or vat on any order – from there web site….

For the United Kingdom, the price on our website will be the final cost to you. There will be no additional VAT or duty charges requested on delivery by our carriers.

twonks

That is my understanding too, just seems too cheap to be true.
    Will find out on Monday according to DHL tracking.

appltn

I’ve ordered the GX kit from Lordgun even though I still can’t decide if I want the electric shifting.

The price I ended up paying was £318 (plus a bit more for delivery) so that means the advertised price of £382 less 20%. I’m still not totally sure if this is because they removed the VAT or because they applied a 20% discount code that’s being advertised (MYBEST20) but either way I’m expecting to pay import duties before it arrives with me.

I’ll let you know what happens I suppose!

mlltt

What’s the deal with warranty on stuff like this, does it go back to where you purchased it or do rockshox sort it directly?

Lordgun is showing at £320 delivered with a vat estimate of £65ish presumably to be paid on delivery

twonks

@mlltt First contact should always be the place you bought it from but, I had a bit of a nightmare sorting my Reverb AXS out. Bought it before Brexit from Germany and they wanted it sending it back with insurance which was going to cost a fortune and they didn’t know what paperwork I should create to get it back.

In the end I paid £20 to a Rochox/Sram dealer locally who handled it through Sram tech in the UK.
    Still took ages as a new post had to come from Taiwan but, the process was smooth and efficient once it was in the system.

bobodaclown

@monkeyboyjc bikeinns pricing includes vat/taxes. I have ordered from them several times most recently most of a GRX di2 groupset with no issue at all. Would be shocked if you have any issues.

DickBarton

SRAM has a worldwide warranty, so if something fails, go to any shop that deals with SRAM. If you go to any shop that you didn’t buy the kit from, they charge for their labour (if they have to remove/install stuff), but the warranty stuff can be done by any SRAM dealer.

appltn

My GX upgrade kit just arrived from Lordgun, very fast delivery considering I ordered it on Sunday (I paid £14 for DHL express). I ended up having to pay £92.88 (VAT + import duty + DHL fee) making the total cost £411.41 (excluding delivery).

A little bit more than the mega bargain price but still pretty decent considering it costs £554 from every UK shop I can find with stock.

twonks

Mine is due today after the wife missed the delivery yesterday.

Genuinely quite excited.

twonks

Update. It’s here. All working and in original retail packaging.

So far no additional payments required, so seemingly a good deal – if that phrase can be attributed to a silly expensive device not really needed 😂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Confused by X01 AXS pricing’ is closed to new replies.