Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Comrie Croft Question
  • andy4d

I am currently on holiday at my Mums and looking at going to Comrie Croft in the days ahead with the kids (14 + 16), my choice of day out 😀. Never been before. I normally get 1.5 – 2 hrs out of them when they ride with me at our local trail center before they get fed up. They currently leave me for dead on the climbs but I still beat them on the downs 😉. Just looking at planning our day for drop off and collection etc and wondering how long the full red an blue routes take including the climb up?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Full red maybe 45 mins and full blue maybe 20/25 from the cafe. There is a good skills park and lots of stuff to session or play on, so don’t rush it.

Cafe also ace and bike shop too

honeybadgerx

There’s a fair bit of technical stuff packed in to some of the loops too, so it lends itself well to doing a couple of laps of parts. It’s a great spot, so doubt you’ll get bored!

DickBarton

Sounds like I’m way of the mark if full red is 45 minutes…
    The climb is unpleasantly soon, it isn’t bad, as it isn’t technical but with cold legs it isn’t nice…once the climbing is done though, you can mix and match a bit so less climbing but good riding.
    Enjoy it, it is a nice play to ride.

andy4d

Thanks for replies. We will be hiring bikes as we never brought ours so trying to decide between a 2hr or 4hr hire. If it was just me I would spend the day there but not sure how long I will get out the kids as they normally flag after 2hrs and I believe the cafe is shut just now. Thinking a 2hr hire then we could do the blue to warm up, then do a red or 2, or do the blue then the red then the skills park and or blue again. Time to see if I can persuade them to do 4hrs….😉

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The shop are helpful and have loads of bikes, sure extending the hire on the day won’t be impossible if availability allows.

Maybe I’m being optimistic with 45mins for full red, probably 60-75mins for most.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Cafe was open at the weekend. I’d do 4hr hire. They might surprise you! And you can break up the riding with a coffee or two.

StirlingCrispin

Four hour hire.

We climb – do a double lap of the reds at the top, doing both descents to half-way – wee climb, and then descend to the cafe. This is about 2 hrs as we do it semi-regularly.

Thump (age 15) then goes out while we sit in the cafe queue and laps the black in 40 mins or less,

If you’ve not been before you’ll also want to repeat the blue (giggle-tastic!), play on the skills park and take your time (snacks at decision rock etc)

THis is my son’s recent gpx: https://www.strava.com/activities/5631317825

He had to do a lot of waiting for me! It was bonkers hot so we straight-lined the climbs on the 2nd lap but you’d want to repeat the extended loops on your second lap at least. Enjoy!

PS: Cafe was open Friday before last.

There’s also a coffee wagon on weekends.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Canny wait to get a blast round Comrie on the ebike, it’s perfect for it!

4hrs for sure, they’ll love the dual slalom lower blue, and the pump/jumpy loop down by the cafe.

Awesome place.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Cafe and van will both be there, comrie is heaving with campers most of the summer.

Fav place to ride (bar laggan). I would hire for 4 hours and get full suss (its rocky).

Natural gold (new black) is open but it has been sanitised somewhat.

We normally do: Shortcut to decision rock, rick lobster to bottom then up singletrack and do black to bottom, then back up to decision and full red to bottom. Then depending on level of knackeredness do another full red or do the blue.

You can spend ages in the funpark as well.

Its a tough place to ride, very technical and not a typical trail centre at all. The red is beyond some blacks i have ridden…..

hatter

Was there last Monday, the coffee wagon was serving burgers, breakfast rolls, cake etc so weekday food is available.

Nice place, shame it was so hot back then as I could only cajole my little one all the way up the climb once.

andy4d

Well I went for the 2hr. I would of spent hours there but the kids found the reds a bit tough compared to what they are used to. They normally do about 20kms of flowy non stop trail centre riding but found Comrie reds very rocky and technical with lots of stop starting. It really made you think and pick lines carefully which was a nice change. That said we had a good time and it was a good challenge for them. We did about half the red and a few full blues which was enough for them.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed:) The reds do flow well when you know them but its still not like a trail centre red 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Comrie Croft Question’ is closed to new replies.