Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • compression socks
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience of using compression socks to aid recovery after running and riding?

Which brands are good / bad?

cynic-al
    Free Member

For your calves you meam? I have some branded tights and calf-only things, one of the proper brands, felt like it worked…can’t see a need for feet tho

rocketman
    Free Member

various from Compressport, 2XU, Under Armour and Aldi. They work for me

I like the Compressports – very thin, tough-ish and erm compressive
    2XU and UA slightly less good
    Aldi inexpensive but thick and lose their shape

Kamakazie

I’ve used a couple of pairs. I tended to use them during long exercise period and whilst they seemed to need longer for me to warm up, I did feel like I fatigued less. I didn’t measure anything though and didn’t do any side by side comparisons of recovery etc so don’t know if there’s anything to support the claims!

From my experience, it’s worth paying for the better brands. The cheaper ones lose their compression tightness after not that many washes versus the better ones. My best ones are from Pro Compression (via SportPursuit sale…. worth keeping an eye out there).

TiRed

2XU have been great for me, particularly after long hard races. Have white and black – raced in white recovered in black. They size based on foot and calf circumference, so measure twice. I wear ladies large for my shapely calves.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll go with a branded pair. I want them for after longer runs / rides.

Should I get the tights or just the socks?

beej

I’ve got 2 pairs of tights (Skins and 2XU) and one pair of stocking things that go to the top of the thigh (compressport). Stockings are less constraining.

I find they help most with twitchy legs at night, which I get after hard training days. Also use them for flights too.

TiRed

I’d go with just the socks. I also have a pair of compression leg warmers from thigh to ankle. I’ve raced in them over the winter months with bibshorts, but wouldn’t use them for recovery. The socks are much easier to sleep in and limp around in the day after I’ve gone and done something silly.

If my legs hurt at night, I take ibuprofen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘compression socks’ is closed to new replies.