Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Competitive drinking…….
  • Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Just wondered if any of you guys on here could explain this to me, as to why when blokes get together they just can’t help but start the competitive drinking to the point where someone would rather throw up than be a drink behind???

Cougar

Some people are nobs?

ton

Some people are nobs?

explain why please.

some blokes like a pint, some blokes ride bikes, some blokes race bikes/cars/boats/motorbikes
    some blokes are all differant.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Ha ha, I’m sure some are nobs but some who normally aren’t still can’t help themselves! I just find it kind of interesting!

binners

I think you’re confusing ‘blokes’ with ‘rugby players’

ton

binners…..tread very carefully…… 😈

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Don’t know anyone that plays rugby!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some people are nobs?

And you’ll find drink generally makes them bigger nobs! 🙂

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

For example, tonight the conversation with my boyfriend goes like this,

Him- I’m not going to drink much tonight

Me- sure but you know you are cause you are going out with the boys

Fast forward a few hours and I’ve just had an interesting conversation with a very drunk boyfriend, who isn’t going to be home for at least another hour!

binners

EEK!

And with that, I think I’ll leave this subject matter alone

Cougar

explain why please.

If I could do that, I’d be very rich.

It’s quite easy to go out thinking “I’m only going to have a couple” and then, after having a couple, experience total self-control failure / buckle under peer pressure.

footflaps

My hangovers normally consist of vomiting for about 24 hours and being quite ill for 48. That is enough of a deterrent to mean I never get drunk any more. Merry yes, but never wrecked…

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Ahh so it is just a general weakness in the male of the species? 😆

binners

Good story for you Ton.

My mate used to play Rugby for the navy. They were playing a match against the Army team. After the game, they challenged the Army guys to a drinking competition. Everyone had to lob their cash into the centre of the table, then start drinking. Whichever teams member needed to go to the toilet first, had to pay the (hefty) bar bill for the night

They sat there necking pint after pint with not a flicker, while the Army team were looking very very uncomfortable. Eventually, after much squirming and crossing of legs the Army lads had to sprint for the bog to empty their bulging bladders, while the Navy lads sat there casually chatting

It was only later the Navy lads revealed that, my mate Neil, being a paramedic, had fitted them all with catheters, and they’d all been happily pissing into bags strapped to their legs all along 😆

cheese@4p

Some of us like drinking a lot, a lot.
    The more we drink, the more we like it.
    When last orders looms we have to drink faster.
    I don’t know anyone daft enough to carry on drinking when they are sick.
    Anyone fancy a pint?

binners

Have you never done the strategic vom, on an all dayer?

wrecker
    Free Member

Sorry Binners. Don’t believe it. All of the army lads I know would just piss themselves in situ.

tuffty
    Free Member

Used to drink competitively when I was at agric. college, rather spend my money elsewhere now although I do like the odd pint of real ale every no and then.

thx1138
    Free Member

Ahh so it is just a general weakness in the male of the species?

No, women are just as bad. Visit Romford town centre on a Friday/Saturday night, and you’ll find out why. 😯

It was only later the Navy lads revealed that, my mate Neil, being a paramedic, had fitted them all with catheters, and they’d all been happily pissing into bags strapped to their legs all along

[quote]

This is a genius idea, and would save valuable drinking time, wasted on visiting the loo. You’d need fairly baggy trousers if you were going for a proper session though. Or would it be a Great Escape ‘fill and release’ system?

IHN

On a similar topic, my mate once went to the Army vs Navy rugby match at Twickenham. There were a lot of very, very drunk people there.

So, anyway, said mate is stood at the urinal when a fella walks in. Khaki chinos, blazer, posh collars, we all know the type. Said fella has obviously had an awful, awful lot to drink and stumbles to the urinal and stands next to my mate (leaning his head against the wall for some extra stability)

Next thing, he’s rummaging in his chinos for his old fella. In his drunken confusion he finds a bollock, puls it out, points it at the porcelain and pisses down his leg. Once relieved he gave it a shake, tucked it back in and wobbled off.

Now THAT’s drunk 🙂

spacemonkey

I’ll always remember an afternoon session with some mates nr Warren Street (ol’ London Town). After a few beers we moved onto Tequilas. After a few of them, one of the guys (an Irishman funnily enough) threw up into his hands. Not to be perturbed, he calmly shovelled it under his armchair into a neat frothing pile, finished his shot, went to the toilet to wash his hands, and returned with the next round. Needless to say he stuck around a while longer. Good lad he was.

bigblackshed

A bloke I used to work with would do the strategic barf between pubs without breaking step.

I’m in the “once it’s coming back out, then it’s time to go home”. Lightweight ex-rugby player.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I did actually laugh out loud at that IHN… Superb.

RustySpanner

I used to win quite a bit of cash speed drinking.

2.7 seconds for a pint of bitter from table to table was my PB back in the bad old days. 😀

No spillage.

Drac

Paramedics don’t fit or carry any form of catheter.

Good story though.

duckman

Waves and winks at Cheese…..In my defence there was no way I was going home at 8pm on a Sat after the rugby.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Competitive drinking…….’ is closed to new replies.