Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Compact digital cameras ADVICE
  • sam69
    Free Member

Had a sony for ages loved my cybershot but its give up the ghost,anybody offer any advice whats good for around the £100 mark or should i get a nikon bridge camera??

Cougar

Requirements?

CountZero

Well, for starters, a bridge camera is a lot bulkier than a compact, and if you’re only paying £100 for it, frankly, you’ll end up with a pretty low-end, bulky camera that you’ll end up leaving at home because it takes up so much room in a pocket. Much better to get a good compact with as good a zoom as you can for that money. A small, neat camera with a decent zoom will go into a pocket in a zip case and you’ll be more likely to use it.
    I have a Nikon D60, with two zoom lenses, 18-50/50-200, and I never use it, I use my Lumix TZ30, with a 20x zoom instead, because it’ll go into a pocket, and I can use it at gigs; a bridge camera would be confiscated at the door, because it looks like a DSLR to door security. I’ve seen it happen a number of times. I’ve taken thousands of photos with my TZ3 and it’s successor TS30, which wouldn’t have happened with my Nikon. Or I use my iPhone.
    [edit] this was taken with my TZ30 from row J at the South Bank:

Shawn Colvin.

sam69
    Free Member

tz30 it is thanks

CountZero

You’re welcome, it’s a great little camera, fantastic 20x zoom, and it’s smaller than my old TZ3!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Canon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Compact digital cameras ADVICE’ is closed to new replies.