• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Compact Camera case for riding with…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Hoping some of you photo-bods might be able to help as I’m new to trying to take some better photos.

Recently bought a new camera (Olympus Tough TG-5) for a whole range of reasons. One was to take better photos while out riding. I’ve been looking for a case/holder which I can easily / quickly access without having to take my backpack off and search around in it.

So far I’ve found the Olympus specific one for backpack strap mount but don’t like the idea of it being open to crap hitting it.

https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/cameras/accessories/cases-straps/csch-123-sport-holder

Plus the one which is belt mount:

https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/cameras/accessories/tough-adventure-case

The other is the Evoc on but it’s slightly too small.

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/ACCEssORiES/luggage/VAREVOC4305101_Evoc-Camera-Case-02l

Any others anyone can suggest or perhaps a better ways to achieve what I want – quick/easy access to the camera?

Cheers.

CraigW
    Free Member

Lowepro Dashpoint 10? Check the dimensions, looks like it would just about fit.

https://store.lowepro.com/pouches/dashpoint-10

stumpy01

Yeah. One of the Lowepro pouches.

I’ve got a Lowepro Apex one for my camera. It velcros onto my rucsack strap and I got a cheap caribiner style clip as a back up.

It’s nicely padded without being too bulky and has a stowaway waterproof cover.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I had looked at the Lowepro but couldn’t see how it attached – didn’t think to do a Google image search until you mentioned it – looks like it could be a good option. 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

What are the dimensions of your camera ? I’ve got a lowepro compact bag / case laying around in my office. don’t think it’s been used much if at all. If it fits you can have it in return for a contribution to McMillan or cancer research.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dashpoint10 as above. Straps on to my bag easily, easy access and doesn’t get in the way. I use a small carabiner on the camera strap to the bag  as well, just as an extra bit of security. Never needed it to date, but I look at it being the same as the lanyard on my Garmin. Better safe than sorry.

el_boufador

I’ve a tough tg4 (fantastic camera, good choice!)

I carry it in a large berghaus e-case. Discontinued, but sometimes they come up on ebay.

I have a filter and lens cap attached to my tg4, if you were just using the bare camera, the case would be a bit big. As it is, it’s spot on.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Hi, that’s a kind offer. Dimensions are:

W: 113 mm H: 66 mm D: 31.9mm (based on CIPA standards: excludes protrusions)

boriselbrus
    Free Member
    snax

Depends on your riding style, but I find an AlpKit Stem Cell or Fuel Pod works very well, keeps the camera handy and relatively safe. Just having a quick look at their site, it looks like the range has been updated somewhat and some new options in there that look ideal.

I’ve got the proper Olympus one – belt loop and carabiner. How quickly you can access it though, depends on how quickly you can unzip it I suppose

bigG
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Bushwacked
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Hi, that’s a kind offer. Dimensions are:

W: 113 mm H: 66 mm D: 31.9mm (based on CIPA standards: excludes protrusions)

</div>

I’ve just tried to squeeze a Sony H55 in the spare bag I have, dimensions for that are – W102.99, H57.7 and D28.9. It’s marginally too big so I think that the width of yours will make it too big, sorry.

Now I know why it’s laying spare on my desk.

I use a Lowepro ridge 10 to hold the sony camera and it fits easily so you might need something that size.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Compact Camera case for riding with…’ is closed to new replies.