Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Commuters = hardcore
  • cheese@4p

I take my hat off to the bike commuters this morning (West Yorks).
    It looks so grim from the comfort of my warm box on wheels.
    I hope it dries up for your ride home but not much chance of that.

BenjiM

The problem isn’t the wind, the rain or the puddles. It’s the bloody idiots that insist on driving like the roads are bone dry. I’m half expecting to get round a cormer to find a bloody great pile up either that or end up underneath someones wheels because they’ve come up behind me far too fast and close to brake.

ton

bad weather is just a state of mind.

it was a breeze this morning into the headwind………on my leccy bike 8)

cheese@4p

Right then Ton I hope you will be 100% manpower + wind assist on the way home?

camo16
    Free Member

It wasn’t too bad this morning in the Northwest. Someone posted yesterday that you should bring in an extra pair of socks on your ride, for office usage. That simple piece of advice may well save my feet, which, I am pleased to report, are dry and toasty warm. 😉

Even in this weather, the thought of taking the train makes me shudder. So MTFU-ing isn’t so hard.

Oggles
    Free Member

Bloody jealous of every single person I saw during my lift in this morning. I’ve got no rideable bikes – two broken freehubs which have been on order for nearly two weeks now 😡 It’s driving me insane that I can’t ride to work and haven’t ridden in nearly two weeks.

wwaswas

two broken freehubs which have been on order for nearly two weeks now

I hope you’ve ordered 3 so you have a spare for next time?

I’d have bought a cheap spare wheel off the classifieds by now…

binners

It wasn’t too bad this morning in the Northwest.

Either you’re in a different North West to me this morning, or you are Ranulph Fiennes, and I claim my severed frost-bitten finger 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ta, it did feel a bit daft at times. The A660/A65 was a bit grim but as soon as you get off the main roads it’s fine.

camo16
    Free Member

you are Ranulph Fiennes, and I claim my severed frost-bitten finger

😆

I’m all man, me!

Finger’s in the post. It’s not mine, but it’s pretty stiff.

drlex
    Free Member

Down in the South-West this morning, it was the low sun that was the danger; plenty of Eastbound traffic was dazzled & effectively unsighted in places. Now considering saving up for a Dinotte rear lamp.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its days like this that ive bought the roadrat(that isnt here yet thanks to a mix up with brakes) for ……

i started out on the bike on 44:17 fixed

realised that it was futile after about 20 minutes as i was doing about 6mph into the headwind and it was going to take me about 3 hours to get in to the office and about turned- jumped in the motor.

(in aberdeen where its 70mph gusts)

warton
    Free Member

today was no problem really. Took half an hour, like it always does. Guy that drove in, who lives round the corner from me, it took him 2 hours.

Last night, cycling into a big headwind, on a 44:14 fixie was less fun…

soobalias
    Free Member

beautiful day down here.

the ride in didnt warm up/ease my back tho 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

actually not as bad this morning in south/central manchester as it was yesterday. it was barely raining as i rode in at about 8am today, and no real wind to speak of either. it’s a bit worse now, but i don’t have to worry about it until 5pm!
    still plenty of idiots driving though…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Lovely day down here in Bristol 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pretty wet and miserable here too. Nearly stalled out on the only thing that even resembles a hill on my ride to work due to the head wind. Will be a fast ride home at the end of the day though. And its been a good test for the Montane jacket that I got in the CRC sale after a PSA on here.

butcher

today was no problem really. Took half an hour, like it always does. Guy that drove in, who lives round the corner from me, it took him 2 hours.

Yeah, took me an hour and a half to get to work this morning (normally 20 minutes). If I’d taken the bike I would’ve been here in 40 minutes. And I would’ve been able to play in the puddles.

I did ponder it at the last minute when I seen the carnage (and would have done if I knew the extent of it), but wussed out as I didn’t have my kit together, and, well, it looked a bit cold 😳 Wish I had now.

GrahamS

“Working” from home today. 😀 Seems like half the roads in the North East are either flooded, shut or just at a standstill with remaining traffic.

Couldn’t ride in as I am on nursery pickup duty today, but I suspect the cycle path isn’t much better anyway as it was already pretty flooded on the way home last night.

spawnofyorkshire

putting on all my wet weather gear did depress me a little yesterday, but not as much as how bad the trains have been for the other half of my commute though. You’d think transpennine express would know how to deal with a little bit of water

ourmaninthenorth

In my commuting days, I used to like this sort of weather. To be out in it through choice showed a certain commitment to the day.

Sadly, these days, I’m way out of shape and live too far for a reasonable commute by bike.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Commuters = hardcore’ is closed to new replies.