Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Commuter frame suggestions
  • Raindog
    Free Member

Needs to be a large, long top tubed frame suitable for 700c wheels and flat barred use, also needs to have either horizontal dropouts or an eccentric BB. Some way of attaching mudguards and possibly a rack would be good. So far the only option is a Roadrat, any others you can think of ?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

pretty much any steel road bike from 1950 on should do you fine..

Raindog
    Free Member

With horizontal dropouts ?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

the vast majority would have the semi-horizontal dropouts like this

which should be fine for ss/fixed anyway, i don’t know what the requirements are for hub gearing..

TheBrick
    Free Member

yep most old frames have horizontal or semi horizontal drop-outs so they can be run single speed or fixed.

your other option is the pomp

Raindog
    Free Member

Need to be able to run Alfine. And discs…..things I should have mentioned really !

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

aha 😉 ok scrap that then!

Sheriff_Fatman

On-one Pompetamine?

mattstreet

Genesis Day One Alfine… not sure if you can buy frame-only tho…?

Danny79
    Free Member

Gaint Seek 0, though same as above probably can’t buy it frame only. I got a Seek 2 as insurance replacement enjoying it.

Raindog
    Free Member

Pompetamine in “glow in the dark” looks good. We’ll wait and see what Cannondale’s warranty department says about my Bad Boy, than it’s decision time. Three weeks ago I had three working bikes, I’ve sold two and one has broken since then. Hey ho….

paulpalf
    Free Member

Don’t know if you can get them in the UK, but I’ve been lusting after a Civia Bryant:
    http://civiacycles.com/bikes/bryant/
    Can run belt drive too!

Raindog
    Free Member

Bryant looks really nice, but it doesn’t look like they do frame only. There are some UK dealers though, so I will investigate. Thanks.

paulpalf
    Free Member

They do frame only, $625MSRP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Commuter frame suggestions’ is closed to new replies.