• This topic has 74 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by dove1.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Comfy shoes you could live in
  • 40mpg

Having read the the ‘Unexpected consequences of ageing’ thread I feel I can ask this question…

What comfy shoes for all-round general wear – smart enough for pub/restaurant/ social gatherings, just as good for a wander to the shops or a bit of ‘light gravel’ off roading. But not too much like my dads Clarks with velcro closure, I’m not quite there yet.

Probably brown.

Was thinking DM’s but can’t quite face breaking in another pair. Suggestions?

scotroutes

I wear all-black Salomon trainers unless I need some specific cycling, walking, running etc type footwear.

Something you have to “break in”? GITFS

the-muffin-man

I think you’re looking for the Chums website…

https://www.chums.co.uk/menswear/footwear/casual-shoes

…HTH! 🙂

mrchrist

Campers?

razorrazoo

A STW comfy shoes thread! This isn’t going to end well for those that are fashion conscious.

StuF

My choice would be Cat Elude boots, I’ve one pair that is now very battered, and thinking of getting a second pair for times when my DMs won’t do

chakaping
    Free Member

But not too much like my dads Clarks with velcro closure

Got a link, asking for a friend.

edhornby

I’ve got a pair of Brasher walking shoes that have a leather upper and an e-vent lining so your feet stay dry even when the uppers get wet, they look like an unobtrusive brown shoe. they go into the shoe rack halfway through spring and will come back out in October (too bulky/warm for summer).

I wouldn’t wear them on the bike unless it was a short trip in regular clothes; I think you’ll fail to get one pair of shoes to work casually and on the bike.

rjmccann101

Brasher Country Classic walking shoes are what I use for this.  Usually pick them up from Go Outdoors when on sale.

Daffy

Merrell – Something like a Jungle Moc or Intercept. Very comfy, nice and warm.

willard

I bought a pair of Timberland boots about five years ago (“gaucho” brown and not the light colour) and they have been really good as a semi-decent pair of shoes. Work with jean, work with chinos, quite comfy. Don’t work with shorts.

Merak

This isn’t going to end well for those that are fashion conscious.

There’s only me and another chap on here. So it’s fine.🤗

ton

Keen Targhee’s.
    i have boots, shoes and sandals.
    you feet will love you forever more.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/en-gb/targhee-collection/?start=0&sz=36#tile-0

molgrips
    Free Member

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, I’ll ask her what brand it was. I don’t think it was very comfortable though, she had so many children she didn’t know what to do.

earl_brutus

Loake bedale boots. Not cheap at all but extremely well made and super comfy from the off, they also last many, many years – got 5 years out of my first pair and they only now need a resole.

MrPottatoHead

Comfiest shoes I own are HeyDudes. Maybe a bit lightweight for what you’re after but unless I’m walking miles they are perfect.

I’d say they are the ideal Centre-Parcs shoe if that makes sense.

freeagent
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Timberland boots about five years ago (“gaucho” brown and not the light colour) and they have been really good as a semi-decent pair of shoes. Work with jean, work with chinos, quite comfy. Don’t work with shorts.

Same here – wearing them right now – am quite happy in the for 12+ hours a day.
    Mine are 3 years old and aging nicely.

weeksy

Five Ten Freeriders 🙂

temudgin

My feet like the Loake Gilbert’s I am currently wearing. Very comfortable for all day wear.

Gilbert

Cougar

Salomons here also.

Comfortable, practical. Maybe not smart but IDGAF, I don’t want to go anywhere that’s going to be prejudiced based on my footwear.

v7fmp

dont worry, i have the solution…

Adidas Yeezy Foam RNNR Stone Sage

enjoy.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

A pair of smart brogues might improve your career prospects Cougar.

matt_outandabout

I am currently happily wearing a pair of Timberland Crossmark goretex boots. Lovely slipper like boots.

https://www.asos.com/timberland/timberland-cross-mark-chukka-boots-in-brown/prd/23402568

tjagain

*shakes head sadly and wanders out of thread*

BillOddie

Keen Targhee’s.

My last 2 pairs of boots, the soles have fallen off and the material on the side has split/fallen apart.  Would NOT recommnend.

Can I vote for Crocs??

matt_outandabout

BillOddie

Perfect for this thread.

footflaps

Solomon trainers +1

I wear mine till there’s nothing left – they seem to fit better with age. Wear right through the soles and through the plastic heel cup….

razorrazoo

Can I vote for Crocs??

Complete with holes for your dignity to drain out.

oldtennisshoes

mrchrist Full Member
    Campers?

This 👆

alanl
    Free Member

Keen Howser
    Keen

cheekyget
    Free Member

For me Adidas HU tennis shoes…they are my fav so much so..when they start to look tatty , I bung them in the wash and use them as cool slippers

DrJ

I think you’re looking for the Chums website…

You should have added a warning. I accidentally clicked on the link and now I’m wondering if bleaching my eyeballs will erase the image.

dudeofdoom

I like the Tropicfeel trainer/shoe things, very comfy and the whole no tying the laces seems to work very well.

stevextc
    Free Member

Karrimor Premium Bodmin Low Waterproof Mens paid £25 on Amazon wear for everything not on the bike or serious hiking boots.

Anywhere won’t let you in wearing them get steel toe capped boots instead and just kick them in the head until blood and grey shit comes out

neilnevill
    Free Member

For smart casual and comfortable all day the loake beadle suggestion above seems good, but then boots and biking don’t work. A good pair of boots works for everything else though. Bedale or Glendale, cheaney tweed, trickers stow. Or for a more casual look redwing chukka or moc toe.

onewheelgood

Pretty much live in these unless I’ve got walking boots on or I’m cycling.

misteralz
    Free Member

Merrell used to be ace but my last couple of pairs have seen a massive decline in quality. Been massively impressed with my Adidas Gazelles, though.

Cougar

A pair of smart brogues might improve your career prospects Cougar.

Kinda hard to see over Zoom. Pants are optional even.

In any case, point stands. If someone isn’t going to hire because of my choice of footware, I don’t want to work for them anyway.

benman
    Free Member

Adidas Gazelles or Converse All-stars. I’ll hopefully be buried in one of these two.

jezzasnr

Danner Bullrun tick many of the same boxes as Timberlands, but would say that they are better quality and a little more scarce.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.