• This topic has 74 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by dove1.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Comfy shoes you could live in
  • peter1979
    Free Member

Vans MTE ultrarange high tops. Quite a few on sale and on sportpursuit. Very comfy, moderately weatherproof in the MTE2 range and can be worn all day.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m no sure I’d even be ‘light’ gravelling in a pair of Docs. For the pub/gravel criteria I’d say Vans, the classics were the original BMX shoe and are now acceptable in pubs. As for comfort well that’s all in the foot of the behoofed. I find them comfy and there are plenty to choose from.

footflaps

and are now acceptable in pubs

Do pubs still have dress codes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Lems drifter fur.

Men's Drifter Fur

MoreCashThanDash

Five Ten Freeriders

This for me. Don’t even own any flat pedals…

TiRed

Joseph Cheaney Islington suede brogues. Size 8, foot last 125. Like having ones feet caressed by angels. Well my thin boney feet anyway. Have now bought other boots with the same last as its so rare to find anything for my narrow feet!

daviek

I’ll probably be cast out for this but I practically live in a pair of black ASICS trainers and if it’s pouring down or there’s snow an old pair of brasher towa walking boots. I have other shoes they just very rarely get worn.

wooobob

New Balance 574, Shirley?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Vans MTE ultrarange high tops

This x 100! bought my first ever pair of vans a few months ago. I am a total convert. They are so bloody comfy and warm. They are lined with primaloft insultation. Wear them everywhere!

TheDTs
    Free Member

Scarpa approach shoes, fit like a glove.

Cougar

That’s not what you want in a shoe.

ElShalimo

😆

reeksy

My shoes aren’t big enough… but I did hear of an old woman that lived in a shoe. Maybe you could ask her what type it was?

blitz
    northernmatt

Five Ten Freeriders

I’ll add another vote for these. Got a pair intending on using them for riding but they just ended up being worn for day to day use because they were so comfy.

ElShalimo

If you like Birkenstock sandals they also make proper shoes and boots that use the same insoles so they’ll be comfy

sirromj

Got a pair intending on using them for riding but they just ended up being worn for day to day use

That’s my default. Riding shoes always look to nice to ride in, and the soles last a lot longer if I don’t!

Free riders for longer MTB but mostly Vans for every day / commuted / street / trials.

Trying some ride concepts but they were a bit squashy until insoles removed.

Xero shoes appear good but in my size also slightly squashy on big toe so trying to stretch them with shoe stretchers.

CountZero

Several years ago I was issued a pair of Portwest FW57 Steelite safety boots at work. Eventually I wore through the sole due to the amount of walking I was doing, a lot on rough gravel, but the supplier was continually out of stock, so I bought two pairs online. I wear them into town, to the pub, basically they’re my go-to boots in cold and wet weather, because they’re exceptionally comfortable, almost like slippers! The uppers are a very soft leather, and walking in them they’re absolutely silent, no squeaks or anything, and no pinching or pressure. Mine are black, but I’m thinking of getting some brown ones which look more like a regular hiking boot.

fasthaggis

The most comfy pair of casual footwear (for my feet) that I ever had, were a pair of ….>> KEEN Men’s Targhee 3 Slip on Mules.
    They looked absolutely ridiculous,it was as if someone had used a cornish pasty as their first design model,then just gone to full production in black leather. Boy were they comfy though, always my first choice when heading out the door,didn’t even need a shoehorn 😉 😜

CountZero

Do pubs still have dress codes?

None that you’re ever likely to find me in, that’s for sure!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I won’t do a full PSA as I think there are only a few items left, but I’ll drop this here. Some loake boots £265 RRP that I was considering at the sale price of £175 and watching in the eBay store, suddenly dropped this morning to just £60! Got to be worth a go if they have your size, that’s as cheap as the Clarks boots in the sale and although loake cheaper ranges aren’t incredible they are a step up from Clarks (who I still think are good value)

https://www.northshoes.co.uk/mens-c2/seconds-c335/loake-seconds-george-f-width-with-rubber-sole-dark-brown-rrp-265-p28152/s260285?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=loake-seconds-george-f-r-dk-brown-rrp-265-width-colour-f-dk-bro-width-colour-f-dk-brown-rubber-sole-size-uk-7-5-8323-20402709&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&glCurrency=GBP&glCountry=GB&gclid=CjwKCAiA5sieBhBnEiwAR9oh2g2W8SbnZIcV8kZpRsP_r_fy1u_NBieD789UVlQBf3VRRaXDbukoAhoCR6EQAvD_BwE

Edit to say, I think they are part of the loake Design range, which iirc is mid tier, designed in Northampton but made in India using the same quality materials and techniques.

finbar
    Free Member

In the my-footwear-signals-I’ve-given-up-on-life spirit of this thread, Ecco make some fantastically comfy shoes.

gonefishin
    Free Member

What an odd question. Does anyone wear shoes that AREN’T comfortable? I mean I know some women’s shoes can be uncomfortable but all my shoes, dress and casual, are comfortable.

DrJ

Does anyone wear shoes that AREN’T comfortable?

Well, there’s shoes that SEEM comfortable in the shop, but somehow change size and/or shape on the way home, or at the end of their first walk outside (so you can’t take them back).

Bruce

My tip for buying shoes is to go for a massive walk decide your shoes are outright painful and buy some new ones while your feet are still at maximum size due to heat and walking.
    I bought two pairs of Ecco trainers like this and they are like foot clouds to walk in. Once you get to a certain age you cease to care what anyone thinks about your dress sense.

mrchrispy

Just bought some northface berkeley sport boot things. absolutely lush.
    Last boot from some fancy make that sportpursuits were off loading, waterproof/warm and dead light but had all manor of toe problems in them due to the super soft sole. live and learn.

MSP

What an odd question. Does anyone wear shoes that AREN’T comfortable?

Given some of the suggestions, I would say yes and their feet have stockholm syndrome.

cynic-al
    Free Member

V subjective but I love barefoot Keens and Freets – more for barefoot aspect than aesthetics

duncancallum

I wear meindls as they do a wide fitting

Other than that they look the same as Solomon or merrels

marcg868
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing a pair of Five ten Sleuth old models for 4 years as my work shoes. Just replaced this week as the grip had finally gone and the inner had started to smell like death!
    They got hammered on a Orthopaedic ward for 12.5 hours 3 to 4 shifts a week and my feet have never been more comfortable.

New version seem just as good https://www.adidas.co.uk/five-ten-sleuth-dlx-canvas-mountain-bike-shoes/HQ2115.html

ernielynch

Does anyone wear shoes that AREN’T comfortable?

I have steel-capped boots which as the day wears on become increasingly more uncomfortable. Getting home and taking them off brings enormously satisfying relief.

In fact so satisfying that it is almost worth wearing them all day long just to enjoy that very special moment.

sirromj

In the my-footwear-signals-I’ve-given-up-on-life spirit of this thread

I like to think of it as streamlining 🙂

BillMC

i bought a pair of much reduced Haglof boots, discussed on here, they’re like carpet slippers (not that I have any) for my narrow feet. I also have a bit of a collection of Northampton shoes and boots which are lovely but need ‘breaking’, alongside your feet, so back burner for them.

I have steel-capped boots which as the day wears on become increasingly more uncomfortable. Getting home and taking them off brings enormously satisfying relief.

I see people at work wearing extremely uncomfortable looking boots and wonder why – you spend all day in the blumming things? And if they are that uncomfy, they probably aren’t doing your feet any favours in general

Working outside in all conditions, I simply won’t wear rubbish PPE

Cofra make really comfy boots

General site boots

Helly Hansens for winter, also super comfy

DM Safety boots for the office/might have to go in the warehouse, or out on site – again really comfy and not stupidly priced like normal DM’s

To the OP – the comfiest boots I own are Salomon Quest 4 GTX, so I’d imagine the trainers are similar. I tried Merrels and they were really uncomfy (to my feet)

dove1

I am currently happily wearing a pair of Timberland Crossmark goretex boots. Lovely slipper like boots.

Ordered a pair of these following the recommendation from @matt_outandabout. They are arrived yesterday and I have to agree, they are very comfortable.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.