Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Comfortable headphones on a budget
  • breadcrumb

I’ve got a lengthy bit of traveling coming up and would like some comfy headphones (over ear i think).

I don’t want to spend a fortune on something that won’t see much use so budget of £50. Bluetooth would be nice but not essential.

TIA

midlifecrashes

Koss Porta Pro? Or if not so retro inclined some AKG y50, though pushing your budget, they are £60 usually but offers come up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you decide to go down the in ear route, these;

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

Had mine for a few years of almost daily use as a phone headset for work, and for travel (when not using my Bose) and they’re frightened excellent. Comfy enough to wear for hours on end for phone calls, and tough enough to be lobbed in a bag for travel.

ste_t
    Free Member

ive got the akg y50bt. Very good. On Amazon prime now for £64 – out of stock for a couple of days but you can still order

sbob
    Free Member

On ear AKG Y50 are aa good shout

somafunk

Another AKG Y50 BT user, very happy with mine, excellent punchy sound quality but not overbearing to listen too like many artificially boosted BT headphones, can get quite hot after a couple of hours use but comfortable with it, long genuine 16hr+ battery life and can also be used with supplied headphone cable when battery runs out.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of these that I’ve had for a couple of years and lots of traveling (mostly by plane). I think they’re great

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-aero-freedom-active-noise-cancelling-bluetooth-4-1-wireless-headphones-headset-with-mic-for-handsfree-sb-004

I’ve compared them to a colleague’s Bose ones and they aren’t as good at nc (70% as good for a very rough estimate) but still do the job. For the money they’re a bargin.

breadcrumb

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the AKG Y50BT so may up the budget a little. Which to be honest I knew that would happen!

mattyfez

No idea how good they are but there’s some reduced pioneer over ear Bluetooth headphones here … From a hundred to about £60

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pioneer-se-ms7bt-black-over-ear-closed-back-mic-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-69-instore-richer-sounds-3053161

TThe AGK look like on ear rather than over ear.

breadcrumb

I’d spotted those Pioneer headphones but they’re in store only and unfortunately I’m about 90 minutes away from my nearest Richer Sounds.

The AKGs are on ear but supposedly comfortable.

Maybe on ear won’t be hot as over ear?

mattyfez

A lot depends on personal preference and the quality of the pad .. So that’s a tricky question to answer.

breadcrumb

I’ve taken a punt on a pair of AKG Y50BT (new from eBay £53).

Hopefully I’ll find them comfortable enough long haul flights.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable headphones on a budget’ is closed to new replies.