• This topic has 26 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Coffee cups.
  • Marin
    Free Member

Anybody know where you can get 8oz notNeutral cups and saucers from in the UK at the moment. Google is not giving me a result and just been bought a new machine I’d like them for. Yes I know it’s a real first world issue.

grum
    Free Member

I do not but in true STW style I can offer an alternative. ACME are doing a super cheap offer on cups at the moment. Eg

https://wholesale.acmecups.eu/product/261/pack-of-6-acme-latte-cups-brown-280ml

Some other sizes/colours on offer too and some come with free saucers. Postage was 12 euros for me but some people are getting quoted more.

Edit: oh just noticed you want 8oz, maybe out of luck

petefromearth

Coffee Hit is your best bet

notNeutral Latte Cup & Saucer 240ml (8oz)

Good choice of cup btw 😉

Although sold out 🤦

grum
    Free Member
    Marin
    Free Member

Thanks but yep out of stock everywhere. Must be a good choice!

IHN

notNeutral in collaboration with the baristas at Intelligentsia Coffee brings you premier vessels for enjoying everything espresso. We worked rigorously with the baristas to achieve a seamless marriage of form and function.

The inside of the cup provides the best fluid dynamics for the perfect pour while also accommodating the drinker’s nose to take in the aroma. The bottoms are thick to retain heat while the rims have a great mouthfeel. The handle is a fluid extension of the cup providing a resting place for the thumb to balance the cup effortlessly in the hand.

Sweet mother of god.

toby1

Sweet mother of god.

If you think that’s bad, try Kruve:

“Due to espresso’s oily nature, it can easily stratify and separate into different tasting layers. However, thanks to three internal fins and a convex-shaped bottom, when swirled in the hand, the PROPEL glass will agitate the coffee and de-stratify the various layers, providing a consistent and balanced flavor in every sip.”

IHN

Christ. Sold to the same people who bought those green felt tips to colour the edges of your CDs, no doubt.

grum
    Free Member

You can drink some goldbox coffee in them

Roasting coffee is an art form. That’s why we use watercolour paintings to represent the complex flavour profiles of each new specialty roast. But instead of colours, we use a palette of flavours; from brown sugar, jasmine and dragonfruit to blackberry, nutty caramel – and everything in between. With some of the most refined palates in the coffee industry, each one of our rare and distinctive roasts is a masterpiece.

toby1

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve thought about buying some, I AM one of those people 🙁

grum
    Free Member

The Kruve cups are remarkably ugly. I’m a sucker for some luxury items but they have to look nice.

IHN

I AM one of those people

Oh, super. In that case, can I interest you in my range of magic beans? 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

while the rims have a great mouthfeel.

Fnaaaaaaaaaaaaar

toby1

magic beans

Do nettles create beans? 😉

IHN

Do nettles create beans?

Well, well, someone’s been around here for a while…

Marin
    Free Member

Yup, expensive coffee machine requires expensive cups that look good. Small luxuries if you can’t or don’t want the big ones.

BigJohn

I like my espresso in a little glass. The one I am using at the moment is not a glass but a small jar that was bought as an M&S fruit mousse or some such with a foil lid. After it got emptied and washed I mistook it for my normal glass and I’ve been using it ever since.

metalheart
    Free Member

Sheeesh, you guys are amateurs.

This is my cup of choice… 🙂

Titanium 350 Kanpai Bottle ( Silver)

easily
    Free Member

a small jar that was bought as an M&S fruit mousse or some

M&S!!! Who do you think you are? Bill Gates?
    I use a fruit mousse jar from Lidl

kelvin

Those Kruve cups … they’ve looked at the market for expensive whisky glasses, haven’t they.

The notNeutral ones look like a bit like the ones Rapha used to sell… very nice… if not priced for me.

My cups are odds and sods picked up in bargain bins… my favourite were 2 for a euro.

franksinatra

he bottoms are thick to retain heat while the rims have a great mouthfeel

I keep sniggering like a schoolboy

doomanic

In another thread I wrote

Peak STW right here folks

Just when I think STW couldn’t get any peakier a thread like this comes along…

ElShalimo

You need to use this water otherwise it’s a waste of effort

Svalbardi

Superficial
    Free Member

Peak STW is a journey not a destination.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The notNeutral ones look like a bit like the ones Rapha used to sell… very nice… if not priced for me.

The Rapha ones were Not Neutral cups with their logo on.
    I have a not neutral cup sized for a flat white but now I just drink filter or espresso at home so never used it.
    Have some nice ACF espresso cups but I think the factory in Italy closed?

Marin
    Free Member

The true journey of STW is posting on threads you have no interest in. If it makes you all feel better the only other cups in my house are free mugs from builders merchants and bike events.
    New cups now sourced anyway so thanks, biscotti biscuits on the saucer. May put my chinos and RayBans on and pretend I’m in Italy.

toby1

The true journey of STW is posting on threads you have no interest in.

No point having an opinion if I can’t share it 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Coffee cups.’ is closed to new replies.