Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cocktails
  • messiah
    Free Member

As a modern man… what cocktails are acceptable for bloke to order (and consume)?

bearnecessities

All of them, if you’re going to do it properly!

Don’t do what a colleague did though and negotiate paying for 9 upfront so he could get the tenth free.

Messy.

nickdavies

None, unless like above you’re going for the ‘full house’.

Unless you consider snakebite a cocktail? 😀

richen987
    Free Member

Gin Martini if it is before dinner,Old Fashioned any other time. I believe a red eye may be acceptable in the morning too 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Mojito, whiskey sour, brandy alexander[, old fashioned.

richen987
    Free Member

Not sure a brandy Alexander would be acceptable for a gentleman to order for himself, a little to creamy, maybe a Sazerac, if you like cognac

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Margarita

women and most men are even too wimpy to take its (if done correctly bitterness)

tomhoward

Long Island iced tea.

All the old ones from back int days of American prohibition. The ones that look harmless but can blow your head off, as the contain most of the bar…

Depends on the occasion really though.

My favourite joke on the subject…

Man walks into a particularly rough pub, asks the equally rough landlord for a lager top. [gruff voice] ‘sorry, we don’t do cocktails’ [gruff voice]

sbob
    Free Member

Flaming Lamborghinis. 8)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A slow comfortable screw against the wall?

igm

Rusty nail used to be acceptable – one part whisky,one part Drambuie.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Anything with an umbrella and lots of vegetation sticking out of it….Dead cool!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Bloody Mary, extra spicy. Yum!!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Mojitos, Warsaw Pact, margarita, martini, espresso martini, In fact anything clear or classic.

Having said which, who cares… Go for it. A decent mango daiquiri is rather nice.

I’d probably avoid cosmopolitans till people forget about sex and the city. Don’t, repeat, don’t order the cocktail named after the bar you are in, unless it has been adopted world wide. Done this too many times. They are always awful.

And yes, Bloody Mary , but only if they do have celery salt.

Stoner
    Free Member

triffic,

At university a friend and I used to rent ourselves out as cocktail barmen for parties. Was a hoot. Alex went on to write his dissertation on cocktails and cocktail culture of the early 20th century. Got a First for it. It’s a great read, especially his “History of the Martini” and all the authentic recipes and interviews with ancient flapper girls he researched.

And mine’s a mojito (white rum only please!).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cocktails’ is closed to new replies.