Republic of North Britain

Home Forum Chat Forum Republic of North Britain

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Republic of North Britain
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I give it about 5 mins before the lines need redrawing…

The only logical conclusion is 1 government per household

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The elephant in the room of course is, what the hell do we do about Birmingham?

Don’t be so pessimistic. A great nation is about to be born. As leader, I will ensure we take our rightful place in the world.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Cougar wrote:

Keeping the elephants there wont work, simple answer is nukes

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

It’s yours if you want it?

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

National Anthem?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6eo3bnYmwA[/video]

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Cougar » The elephant in the room of course is, what the hell do we do about Birmingham?

Lets be brutally frank: has anyone ever actually noticed it during their lifetime? Exactly! Let us never speak of this again.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

what the hell do we do about Birmingham?

As official spokesperson for the yet to be named newly formed Northern Superpower, I have a statement from the north, addressing this issue.

“Not our problem.”

Thank you.

hora

Birmingham has the NEC and Bullring. Erm, thats it. Well and ‘that’ accent.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

kipper tie?

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Re Birmingham – as per my earlier post – just turn the M6 tolls into a border post, the rest can be ‘no mans land’ like the DMZ between N & S Korea. One side patrolled on foot by men in flat caps with whippets, the other by people called Nigel and their labradors in 4x4s.

zokes

Lets be brutally frank: has anyone ever actually noticed it during their lifetime? Exactly! Let us never speak of this again.

I fell over it by mistake once when I was trying to escape back from the south but the M6 and M6T were shut. Can’t say I’d want it.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

I’m not sure there is an argument for extending the Northern Republic south beyond Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Seems a bit harsh on the Welsh mind you but neatly sidesteps “The Birmingham Question”

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

richmtb wrote:

I’m not sure there is an argument for extending the Northern Republic south beyond Yorkshire and Lancashire.
    Seems a bit harsh on the Welsh mind you but neatly sidesteps “The Birmingham Question”

Be much easier to just include the north, Cumbria, Northumberland Co Durham and maybe a bit of N Yorks.

Subscriber

Oh, and as a resident of Nidderdale, we could have Janet Street Porter deported as an undesirable alien right?

zokes

Be much easier to just include the north, Cumbria, Northumberland Co Durham and maybe a bit of N Yorks.

And where the hell would you get your flat caps and pies from if you did that?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

This setup could work:

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

import them from out enslaved neighbours in the New Midlands.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I don’t care.

North Wales is non negotiable.

I’ll show my arse in parliament before I have to show a passport to get to the ice crean shop and chippy in Llanberis.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Just thinking outside the box here… what do Midlanders taste like?

wrecker

North Wales is non negotiable.

You want north wales, you take birmingham.

hora

Just thinking outside the box here… what do Midlanders taste like?

Jesus, binners do we need to keep you locked up in Canal Street Manchester?

zokes

I’ll show my arse in parliament before I have to show a passport to get to the ice crean shop and chippy in Llanberis.

That’s a heck of a lot of effort to buy ice cream from my SIL 😯

Pigface

Woah woah woah Mr Spanner we will sell you Gogland much like Russia sold Alaska to the Americans.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Oi! I’ve been appointed Ministry for Pastry remember. I take my responsibilities very seriously. We have to think of sustainable pie fillings.

I’m just thinking we could potentially solve 2 problems here

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Are you lookin’ at our Principality, like?

Bazz

Right that’s it, the house is going on the market and i’m moving north, anyone know where i can get a northerners phrase book?

Subscriber

I sell them, but they’re aimed at tourists, so utter gash if we’re honest.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Excellent Bazz, glad to have you aboard.

HTH

BlindMelon

We could ask Northern Ireland if they’d like to join too, but I suspect that they would politely decline. What do you think?

Do you not think we have enough problems with a two way choice, another variable would have the place in even more chaos. We are out….

However we can do you a very good lease deal on water canons, armored Land Rovers and a well trained police force. Recently tested in the field and in good going order, as pictured below.

The terms of the lease are that the new Republic of Scotnorth doesn’t come into being next July as above resources are likely to be busy. Many thanks.

Pigface

Blind Melon is that some kind of wind sock?

BlindMelon

No Pigface its a UFO – Unidentified Flying Orangeman

Oi!, who said we could lose Lancashire? Lancashire stays, along with the ‘old Lancashire’ cities. South Yorks could maybe be lost if the line goes from the Mersey to th’umber. We could give North Wales ‘special friend’ status, or something. Birmingham cannot be considered North, I’m afraid.

Carlisle’s the capital then?

Subscriber

Good idea from Mark Thomas’ manifesto, the Capital moves every 5 years, making all politicians live in the most deprived area of the nation, and so incentivised to improve things for the people. So long as we’re building a new nation, lets not fall into the old traps!

Ro5ey

I like the sound of this

With Man U/city out of the Prem …. Spurs would finally get a Champions League place

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Birmingham could be a fenced off game reserve where the Yarkshire rich can go hunting from the back of machine gun equipped Toyota pick-ups.

The Stockport hat industry could be revived by making trophies that they could wear on their heads.

fr0sty125

So what would the new republic’s national anthem be?

Subscriber

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrjY6Q7bRcI[/video]

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_OkJaZFd4[/video]

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

So basically, we’ve got the Northern territories (Great Britain), the Southern (Little Britain) and Brum as the Neutral Zone. I like it.

Hey, we could wall it off and use it as a prison state?

I’m shocked that someone wanted to exclude Lancashire. Holland’s Pies, man. (And Clayton Park, who are superior but less well known).

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Oi!, who said we could lose Lancashire? Lancashire stays,

No Lancashire and Yorkshire are included

South Yorks could maybe be lost if the line goes from the Mersey to th’umber.

Where is Sheffield, that could be t’frontier

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Indeed cougar – You can’t exclude the county that gave the world Warburtons toastie loaf. Simply the best 2 slices of bread you can put a Hollands pie between

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Simply the best 2 slices of bread you can put a Hollands pie between

Technically correct, but by the same argument we need to keep Manchester for GH Sheldon’s Lancashire Oven Bottom Muffins. As any Wiganner will tell you, pies are best served in a bottom muffin baked in a Lancashire oven.

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Republic of North Britain’ is closed to new replies.