Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Clippers for Buzz Cut
  • ovoderbars
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

I’ll using them for exclusively for self cuts grade one, two etc.

Those rounded ones that fit in your palm look good but not sure if they would be as efficient as the generic type.

Would prefer cordless but not a deal breaker. Assuming lithium models may be as good corded these days but not sure.

Budget up to £100

Thanks

AD

I use these:

Work well, relatively inexpensive. Battery life is 5-6 cuts before needing a recharge.

BenjiM

I have the Remington palm one at about 30 quid. Works well for me. Dead quick too!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

after not having had the need to visit a hairdresser for many a year (ahem), i normally just got for whichever corded Wahl ones are around £25 and they do the job fine and last for years. not tried cordless yet as waiting for current set to break (if previous form is anything to go by, i’ve got a long wait)

thepurist

IIRC the standard STW answer is whatever corded Wahl ones fit your budget. Works for me.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kemei. They are basically Wahl rip offs and a fraction of the price. Mine was £20 and cordless. Cuts really well, battery lasts. Available on eBay, Amazon, etc

DrJ

IIRC the standard STW answer is whatever corded Wahl ones fit your budget.

/thread

ta11pau1

I have the Remington palm one at about 30 quid. Works well for me. Dead quick too!

Yep, me too – I do mine in the shower cubicle before having a shower, dead easy to get a decent cut on my own, think I’m on 4.5mm all over at the moment.

nickjb
    Free Member

IIRC the standard STW answer is whatever corded Wahl ones fit your budget.

Well worth going cordless. Means I can cut in the garden for less mess.

longdog
    Free Member

Wahl dog clippers for me, and just the blade 😜

Got them of my brother when he decided the dog was best cut at the groomers. Free, maybe 6 years ago 😁

cheekyget
    Free Member

Wahl pro ones ( corded)
    Take it from me, I’ve been doing my own hair with clippers since 1989 and the pro versions are head and shoulders above all the ones I’ve tried…battery ones are good , till the battery life starts to wane

binners

Those rounded ones that fit in your palm look good but not sure if they would be as efficient as the generic type

They’re brilliant! They cut just as close as traditional clippers without the faffing about with cords or distorting your hands around trying to get to the back of your own head.

Just rorm it around your bonce before you jump in the shower. I do mine every few days with no guard so down to the bone

Linky here

db

Wahl Cordless for me. Only cut it about 3 or 4 times a year but they are lasting well. I paid about £70 4 years back so say £10 a cut in the barbershop and they paid for themselves in 2 years.

hot_fiat

Wahl clippers here. Often mistakenly priced/labelled in TKMaxx as they have no idea what it is they sell. Very occasionally the pro versions appear as well.

simondbarnes

That Remmington one up ^^^
    Had mine for years, just works.

CountZero

I’ve got the Remington one as well, needed something desperately during the first month or so of the first lockdown – desperate enough to use my beard trimmer – but it took a lot of scouring the internet to find one!

Came from Indonesia, IIRC! More than paid for itself, the bloke down the road charges £10, which I’d need doing every couple of weeks, at most. Saved me around £500.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

+1 for the Babyliss ones @AD mentioned…

Even I can make a tidy job with them 😆

Think mine were sub-£50 on a special offer from Argos just after the first lockdown ended 🤔

Paid for themselves pretty quickly…

TiRed

Wahl dog clippers for me

Have the same, rechargeable. Son2 cut mine very well in lockdown, and did the dog even better. If you can trim a dog, you’ll have no trouble with human hair!

ads678

I’ve got this set which can be used in the shower. I use this twice a week, without a guard as I go for proper bald and this cuts to 0.2mm or so the description says, all I know is I used to wet shave but don’t bother anymore as this pretty much gets it all off!

https://www.boots.com/wahl-trimmer-kit-aqua-blade-rechargeable-10253454?

If you want proper clippers, then as said Wahl corded.

However, I use the skullshaver, palm held with 4 heads. Gets way closer, but best used every 2-3 days as doesn’t like the hair too long

stumpy01

I went with Wahl Cordless. I didn’t really think about whether they were corded or not – they are the white & blue clippers with multi-coloured trimming guides.
    I think they cost £30 – may have been £35.

I could also do with a small trimmer to neaten up the edge/go around the edge of my ears etc. as I feel like the big clippers are too large for that. I’ve not really seen anything that suits the bill for that & not sure I trust my wife with a cut-throat like the barber uses 🙂

binners

I could also do with a small trimmer to neaten up the edge/go around the edge of my ears etc. as I feel like the big clippers are too large for that

@stumpy01
    These are absolutely perfect for that. A sort of satellite clippers to the main mother ship. They’re brilliant at just what you mentioned!

scruffywelder
    Free Member

@binners +1 for them too…

Got mine 3 years ago to try when I decided to let the full beard grow in instead of a goatee thinking they’d probably be shit at that price but they’ve given great service and are still doing a tidy job 🙂

Maybe a wee bit hard on batteries would be my only minor niggle 🤔

ovoderbars
    Free Member

Just an update. I got the Remington Palm thingy. Works great. Really quick, uniform cut and easy to clean. Only done a couple of grade two cuts so far but have been impressed.

Thanks for the replies.

joshvegas
    Free Member

They’re brilliant! They cut just as close as traditional clippers without the faffing about with cords or distorting your hands around trying to get to the back of your own head.

Just rorm it around your bonce before you jump in the shower. I do mine every few days with no guard so down to the bone

Linky here

As is traditional on these threads.

I agree with Binners (if he is still talking about the circular babyliss). Its phenominal

gordimhor

+1 for Babyliss had the circular ones which were great, when they needed replaced I got the same one as AD as the circular ones were out of production. Equally happy with both

jamiemcf

I’ve got the same as AD as well, I always miss bits so need my wife to tidy it up.

I always miss bits with a 1 all over

blokeuptheroad

I’ve got a Remington RX5. It’s a palm held head shaver, not clippers. No no.1s or 2s, it has one setting, right down to the wood!

I used clippers or beard trimmers to do my bonce for years, but the RX5 is way quicker and easier to use. Wet or dry. Battery lasts yonks too.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.