Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Clipless shoes that I could wear all day if i needed to
  • nickc

I usually commute with flats wearing my working shoes, but I could at a push grab another bike that has SPDs, (in case there’s a need to) so apart from taking a pair of shoes with me, and keep them at work (which may be an idea worth exploring) are there actually any clipless shoes that are subtle enough that I could get away with if I needed to?

My work isn’t bothered about what I wear on my feet if that broadens the search a bit.

kayak23

My work isn’t bothered about what I wear on my feet if that broadens the search a bit.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d just keep some shoes at work.

But make sure you don’t upset any colleagues, who might then be tempted to take the traditional form of vengeance round these parts.

ads678

I have a pair of 5 Ten district spd’s which don;t look too special….not sure f they make them any more though.

Adidas do the Velo samba. https://www.adidas.co.uk/the-velosamba-cycling-shoes/FY4486.html

But as above I just leave a pair of shoes at work.

Superficial
    Free Member

You say there’s no dress code. There’s always a dress code.

or

or

ta11pau1

Does your work have hard floors or carpets? Even the best flat pedal style clipless shoe is going to go ‘click click click click’ on hard floors.

Honestly, just buy a cheap, mega comfy pair of trainers for £30/40 max and leave them at work.

Or, if they’re really not bothered what you wear…

binners

desperatebicycle
    ferrit
    Free Member

https://www.biketart.com/clothing-c7/shoes-c51/giro-rumble-vr-mtb-cycling-shoes-p42758

These have been excellent for me – regularly cycle to work and wear in the office. Have lasted 4 years so far. Will be buying another pair when they eventually die.

sixtoes

Another vote for Giro Rumble VR. Very happy with mine.

BillOddie

Or, if they’re really not bothered what you wear…

Fixed that for you…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member
    steve73
    Free Member

I just keep a pair of shoes at work to change into so no problems with wet feet from rain on way in or scratched floors from the cleats.

VanHalen

specialized 2f0 clips i own i`ve worn all day when lazy and on ‘riding into work – going out for a lunch ride – riding home’ days.

intheborders
    Free Member

so apart from taking a pair of shoes with me, and keep them at work

This.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I used to keep a pair of shoes at work but covid meant a reorganisation of the office and they got rid of the lockers.

So I did what lots of people have suggested and bought some Velosambas (which are a little larger than my regular sambas I find).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Clipless shoes that I could wear all day if i needed to’ is closed to new replies.