Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Clever dog smart cameras
  • poolman
    Free Member

These were talked about on here last year, does anyone use them?  I m thinking of getting a couple to monitor an elderly relative.

At 23 gbp a go far cheaper than a nest, but are they reliable?  Picture quality for eg, holding connection,not bothered about the talking into it function.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated good or bad

wwaswas

I just setup an old tablet with an app and used a viewer on my phone – very good video. The apps were free but there are paid ones for a quid or two that probably make the process easier.

I’d be careful about consent on stuff like this – do they know you’ll be using it and are they able to consent?

poolman
    Free Member

Ok thanks, no problem with consent its all agreed.  So i set up an old tablet camera in video mode how do i pick up the image on my phone?

wwaswas

there’s a number of ‘how to’s’ out there – this is one of the first I found;

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/features/turn-your-old-smartphone-into-a-cctv-camera-843512

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use an old mobile and the free app “at home” to keep an eye on the dog. Doesn’t record, but gives a good enough picture and does sound. Also has a microphone if needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Clever dog smart cameras’ is closed to new replies.