Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Clearing Strava segments.
  • zippykona

I rode China Pig for the first time recently. Apart from the massive tree that’s down halfway , there’s also a few head height branches.
    Normally I’d get my saw out and remove them.
    Being a segment, if I remove obstacles am I being helpful or a killjoy?

footflaps

Depends, do you hold the KoM or not?

If yes then leave the obstacles, if not, clean it up and get the KOM.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Helpful.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Is the segment on a public right of way? If so, get to work with the saw.

If not, ask the trailbuilder/land owner for permission first.

Nowt to do with Strava

airvent
    Free Member

Remove them, not everyone cares about strava but nobody likes a branch in their face.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

if I remove obstacles am I being helpful or a killjoy?

Obstacles or obstructions?

The former, leave, the latter clear as you see fit. But WTF does strava have to do with it?

zippykona

Nothing to do with Strava but other riders might like the ducking
    out of the way bit of a downhill.

martinhutch

If they only involve a bit of ducking, what’s the problem?. Doubt they would count as an obstruction on a ROW either in those circumstances, so the landowner’s permission should be sought.

Sui
    Free Member

get of my land

was CP actually rideable, thought it would have been as grippy as a greasy spoon held by dominic cummings..

Anyway – clear it, i hate getting wipped in the face or having my head yanked off on what would otherwise be a well known trail. Also – that trail was built so long ago, ou’d have trouble getting anyone to agree what it should look like. The newer trails (cant remeber the names) are way better, CP seems to have lost it’s charm over the last couple of years..

molgrips
    Free Member

I cleared windfall on one of my KoMs (incredibly I have more than one). It requires a long dry spell to fully dry out which has a major effect on times. I did it in 2018, it did dry out again this year but perhaps due to lockdown I got away with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Clearing Strava segments.’ is closed to new replies.