Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cinq pinion gearbox trigger shifter
  • tomhoward

This looks interesting.

Two shifters, one each side for up or down, meaning no 1x style dropper remotes, but that could be overcome.

Think it’s a goer for me, unless anyone else comes up with a single sided solution in the next month or so.

Poopscoop

I don’t own a pinion but I just read all that. They seem to know their stuff.

Not ideal having 2 discrete shifters but I can imagine there are some very good engineering reasons why they can’t be made into a single unit. As you say, not the end of the world anyway as it can be worked around.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m happy with the twist shifter so it is going to be hard to sell to me anyway but

Left and right shifters for up/down gears

Only shifts two gears at a time

Takes the space I want my dropper lever

Makes it unappealing and the starting price pushes it out of the give it a go and see category for me.  May work for others who hate Gripshift but for me it’s a close but no cigar.

Now if someone came up with electronic shifting I could see that appealing a lot more

tomhoward

I can imagine there are some very good engineering reasons why they can’t be made into a single unit.

Not really. I’ve seen working homemade versions that have just that, and know of folk toying with the idea.

Now if someone came up with electronic shifting I could see that appealing a lot more

Absolutely this. A small servo, controlled via a SRAM AXS shifter would be perfect IMO…

teethgrinder

Would an old Suntour X-press style shifter with 2 cables work?

One for the upshift, one for the down shift. Some sort of linkage between the 2.

tomhoward

A homemade one from a chap on mtbr…

https://videos.mtb-news.de/videos/view/51003

No industry interest it seems.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Too small a market for anyone but Pinion or a man in a shed really.  If you remember XShifter (wireless shifting but where a servo simply pulled the cables) I did message them when they were trying to get backers.  I thought the XShifter could potentially be programmed to pull/release the cables to a Pinion gearbox rather than what they intended, front and rear mechs.

tomhoward

Well, it’s turned up today, seems nicely made and nice smooth trigger action, and from a brief flick thought the instructions, doesn’t seem like it will be too taxing to fit, so thats tomorrows job.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g7XVSW]Untitled[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

Gripshift be gone!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice. Keep us informed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cinq pinion gearbox trigger shifter’ is closed to new replies.