• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ciao, Mama Mia! Learning Italian…
  • alpin
    Free Member

I want to learn Italian.

I’ve managed to learn German and can’t imagine learning Italian would be anywhere near as difficult or as stressful. My German is really only as good as it is because I moved here. But I’ve had enough of Germany.

Can anyone recommend how I best go about this without moving to Italy. Any books or tools?

Grazie…

wwaswas

I best go about this without moving to Italy

Move to Switzerland?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Marry an Italian.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Allora

jamesfts
    Free Member

I learned a lot of my Italian watching the Voltron* cartoon as a kid, not sure how practical that is but the robots are pretty cool.

*in Italian.

molgrips
    Free Member

Prego.

Just say that a lot.

alpin
    Free Member

I must admit I get a bit hot under the collar when an Italian lady says “allora”.

Marrying an Italian won’t work. Already have myself a German.

ebennett

N+1?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I learned what little italian I have in the local chippy.

All our local chip shops are owned by Italians and I happened to mention to Alfredo in our local that I was off on holiday to Italy.

He armed with a few basic phrases and tested me every time I went in for years afterwards, long after I’d returned from my holidays.

codybrennan
    Free Member

“Ah, si, si!! Bella, bella!!”

“Ah, parliamo italiano?”

“No, not really. Just bella, bella.”

“Oh. I think it’s a wonderful language.”

“It’s so alive!”

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082477/

alpin
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Smile
    Wave your hands about whilst miming what you want say
    Smile

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cazzo!

ElShalimo

Spend some time in the Dolomites – they interchange the two languages mid sentence – it will give you a fighting chance
    You can ride whilst there

chip
    Free Member

I used to work for an Italian and when ever I was in his car he used his car horn constantly.

Is that an Italian thing?

alpin
    Free Member

Spend some time in the Dolomites – they interchange the two languages mid sentence – it will give you a fighting chance
    You can ride whilst there

have considered moving to South Tyrol. spend quite a bit of time as it is riding there, but it’s an expensive area to live compared to Piedmont or Liguria.
    Many German speakers, the young included, don’t speak Italian generally resent the Italians. the Italians generally act as Italians do.

beautiful area, mind. (look at the latest ST mag).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ciao, Mama Mia! Learning Italian…’ is closed to new replies.