Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Chunky(ish) Grips?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hi all. Time for new grips as my tacky Renthals have finally worn themselves out. Looking for something more chunky than the Renthals as I’ve occassionally finished rides with pain in my hands which I’ve never experienced before using bigger grips. Been a fan of ODI Yetis before now – is there anything similar thats chunky and soft? Or just go for the ODIs again?

doomanic

ODI Rogue

momo

ESI Chunky, I keep trying different grips but always end up back on ESI.

Have just put a pair of the extra chunky’s on my rigid bike and while comfy I think they might be just a touch too fat, but I’m leaving them on anyway to see if I get used to them.

z1ppy

ODI Rogue’s for me, though I am eyeing up Bontrager SE Elite Grips, if you could find them easily
    .. but did meet some guy who bought grips for £100, where the whole grip moved slightly to alleviate hand pain, he seemed happy…

FOG

I have shovel hands and have found the Ergon Fat grips work best of any I have tried. Took a few weeks to get used to but now have them on all my flat bar bikes.
    Can’t remember the number – GE2Fat possibly?

sharkattack

I’ve got S&M Hoder gips on the DJ bike made by ODI. I was thinking of getting a set for the main bike when the Renthals are dead. Larger diameter than most and suitably squishy without being fragile. Still got Longnecks on standby as I always default back to them between experiments.

thols2

ODI Rogue

kelron
    Free Member

Found the foam ESI grips got absurdly slippery with any mud on them. Extra chunky were a bit too fat anyway.

Using Ergon GA2 fat now, they’re good but uncomfortable without gloves on.

erictwinge
    Free Member

deity supracush are what mr soft from the softmints advert would use.

hatter

ODI dreadlocks for a cushier option than the rogue, more like a lock-on foam grip.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the supercaz version of the ESI’s. I used to like chunky grips (I’ve got XL-XXL hands) but since moving to silicone grips found that the chunky (which is still probably narrower than a Yeti lock on) is much more comfortable.

Some brands get slippier than others in the wet. I’ve had some ebay specials (£1.20 a set!) which have been great all the time, and others were a bit rubbish. Supercaz seem fine, although are wearing quicker than my old ESI’s. But that might just be because they’re a light colour so show up the nicks and scuffs more than my black ESI’s.

nedrapier

thick DMR deathgrips.

ready

+1 ODI Rogues. Recently switched to these, and they are excellent. When I first put them on I was a bit concerned just how thick they were – for about 5 minutes then I realised they are probably the comfiest grips ever.

moonboy
    Free Member

And for an alternative suggestion, I’m finding these the absolute business

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/grips-tapes-c78/bontrager-se-elite-grips-p19162

doubleeagle
    Free Member

Those sound like Rev grips. Apparently they’re great, and I think they come in 2 hand sizes.

I have my eyes on the Ergon 2 fat or whatever they’re called though, just for budget reasons.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

OK, cheers all. Going to have a look at them all later and get something bought.

thepurist

Lizard Skins Northshore feel pretty much the same as ODI Rogues, as far as I can tell anyway.

zerocool

Don’t Superstar do some XL lock on grips? They could be an option. Especially if you want to experiment with thicker lock-ons without spending lots of money

mrdestructo

Raceface Good N Evil really need a single end lock-on version for today. Those are always the ones that make the difference to me. Can only find them in white where I am. Within a couple of weeks they’ll no doubt be looking dirtier than a…….

dropoff

Tried a few but have found the Uberbike xl ones to be the best.

endomick
    Free Member

Oury V2

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Chunky(ish) Grips?’ is closed to new replies.