• This topic has 55 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by wzzzz.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Chucking eggs at cars – WTF is that about?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Some feckers lobbed an egg at me whilst unloading my bike in East Manc for the Midweek Madness MTB races. Had been a bit nervous about parking there in the first place…
    When the egg splattered all over the back seat I just loaded the bike back in and went home.

fasthaggis

I used to commute on part of the Regents canal in Londoninium.
    One day another cyclist warned me of yoofs further along the towpath that were throwing old fruit at cyclists,also adding “ Those Oranges bloody hurt” .This action was all coming from a street above the canal that had had a market that day .As I got closer to the kill zone, I could see heads peeping over the wall and that there were no steps off the towpath till a long way past. I couldn’t be arsed turning around so just ‘went for it’, lots of cheering, bike got hit (tomatoes) but I survived .I thought it was only proper to enter in to the spirit of things I, so picked up some of the old fruit of the path and pelted them back.😈🤣

Cougar

So… they were victims of a drive-by fruiting?

fasthaggis

🍍🔫🤣

fasgadh
    Free Member

I have had them thrown at me from cars.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Marin sed> Expand your queries in life you hear all sorts of things

Can’t argue with that. A lesson in remaining interested in the world from a thread on egg-bombing, when there’s already a concurrent “how do you scramble yours” topic on the front page of the forum.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The generalist. Be thankful it was only eggs

An English colleague living in Joburg sent me an online route card for a ride he had been considering.

On the route card was the recommendation that one of your party carries a firearm as it passes through some bad areas and you may be mugged.

CountZero

Just come back to this, not disappointed by the food-based replies! I’ve decided I probably won’t go the insurance route, just because the voluntary excess will likely exceed the cost of the repair, and someone at work is apparently a very good sprayer, has his own business outside of work; he looks after the contracts for British Gas and AA/BSM vehicles now, but was a sprayer at work, and knows his stuff.
    If it had been tiny chips, I could have probably got it done as a smart repair for free, but the damage is too extensive, it’s gone right through the paint. The main area is about 3cm across, but damage extends across roughly 8 or 9cm.

cb200
    Free Member

Thread reminds me of this lovely local community Facebook post:

project
    Free Member

Parked up in Meols on the seaf frot one night and went for a walk, got back and van covered in eggs, seems as if a local didnt like cars parked there at night on a well lit and 30 mph road, according to a fellow walker who passed by, he said his car had been done before so he parked down a side road.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Could be worse. I had a stone go through my windscreen at 70mph when some kids were throwing stones off a motorway bridge. Luckily no one was sat in the passenger seat of my car. Caught the little shits on camera though.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I have had them thrown at me from cars.

A few scrotes thought it’d be hillarious to borrow mummies car and drive round pelting the school kids. One tried to throw one from the back seats and just threw it into the windscreen of their own car by mistake! Did have to chortle a bit, you could see the kid driving was obviously working out how he was going to tell his folks and the amount of cleaning up he was gonna need to do

didnthurt

When I think of the stuff that we used to get up to when we were kids now makes me feel pretty ashamed. Hope it is an easy fix OP.

CountZero

@didnthurt – (great name, btw), fortunately the fix is pretty easy, because it’s on the top of the passenger door, just above the handle, with a sharp swage-line not too far down the door, it’s easy to mask and repaint, without needing to worry about trying to blend into a larger panel, and even more fortunately it didn’t dent the panel. Going to have a word with the bloke at work tomorrow, see what he reckons price-wise.
    You can see the part of the door in this photo, the top of the rear passenger door.
    Metallic paints are a bugger to repair, if only because the paint is applied in a particular way, and doing a repair can mean the flakes of colour can lay at a different angle, causing a repaired area to appear a different colour compared to adjacent panels, like rubbing the nap of a piece of velvet in the opposite direction in one place can make it look lighter or darker.

teethgrinder

Looks like it was a Faberge Egg from that damage.

wzzzz
    Free Member

If you do find them, they could be England’s next fast bowler with an over arm like that

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Chucking eggs at cars – WTF is that about?’ is closed to new replies.