Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chromebook will not load STW
  • spooky_b329

My Chromebook laptop gives an error when trying to load STW, it’s been doing this for several days;

This site cannot be reached

Singletrackworld.com took too long to respond

It loads fine on my smartphone.

Using incognito mode on the Chromebook (so no cookies etc), it will manage to load a crappy text only version of the site after a couple of minutes.

My laptop is a bit old and creaky but the only other sites it struggles with tends to be local news websites (you know, the ones that are often after an article on the BBC) where they have multiple popups and cookie/advert consents etc, but it will battle through and let you read the news story once the site has finished loading.

Anyone else?

TheGingerOne

My chromebook is fine – this proves it!

spooky_b329

🙁 !

Mugboo

My Chromebook is working too

petec
    Free Member

mine is working fine I’m afraid

spooky_b329

Thanks guys. Tempting to hit that power wash button and see if it gets a new lease of life….

petec
    Free Member

having said mine is working fine, it’s been a bit funny since one recent update.

in tablet (portrait) mode, on certain sites, the touch doesn’t seem to work; where it ‘clicks’ is nowhere near where my finger is.

It seems to be worse with AdBlock on. And only on certain websites (presumably those with vast numbers of adverts; it’s clicking where I would be if the adverts were visible).

Not the end of the world, and I’m sure it will be fine with another update, but…..

somouk
    Free Member

I get an issue when going to singletrackworld.co.uk but it works fine if I go to singletrackworld.com

For some reason they point at different IP addresses, someone has clearly cocked something up so may be worth flushing the DNS on the chromebook incase it has some old stuff cached.

spooky_b329

I tried both .com and .co.uk and it didn’t fix it.  Did a powerwash and that did fix it, was well overdue anyway 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chromebook will not load STW’ is closed to new replies.