Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Christening Tomorrow….
  • astormatt
    Free Member

Not mine, a family members kid.

Can i get away with wearing shorts and a smart short sleeve shirt?

I don’t really want to go to the expense of buying some smart trousers for 30 mins! I am in shorts pretty much 360 days of the year…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Will depend entirely on your family really, are they relaxed and  just happy you will be there or not?

Either that just put a pair of jeans on

SaxonRider

It should be alright for you to wear shorts. If it’s in an Orthodox Church or a more traditional Roman Catholic, shorts would probably not be the best choice. But jeans would be fine. What would the family think?

jekkyl

Just dress like the priest and wear a dress

rene59
    Free Member

You can get a pair of trousers for under £40. Don’t be a tight arse. Or if you are a tight arse then £15 from Tesco or Asda.

Cougar

I don’t really want to go to the expense of buying some smart trousers for 30 mins! I am in shorts pretty much 360 days of the year…..

Wear shorts, then.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve been to funerals in shorts.

I’m there to respect or welcome tho headline act.

I wouldn’t do it with people who don’t know me, but for 40 years I’ve been Surfer John or John the Bike. They know who is turning up.

cchris2lou

smart bermudas are ok .

binners

DezB
    Free Member

Wear shorts and sit in your garden. Christenings?! 😆

Smudger666

Just do the ‘buy. A pair of trousers and turn up smart’ thin g.  It’s not for your benefit, it’s for theirs.  So either do it right, or don’t bother.

ads678

I wear Sainsbury’s chinos for work. Selction of colours, 14 quid and they have stretchy stuff in them for the big thighed gentleman.

Get tha sen a pair of them and if you don’t wear them after, cut them and make a pair of shorts!!

frankconway

It’s a bit late to be asking. Just conform with others; if not you will likely be viewed as ‘ …..what a t*t’ – either can’t be arsed or attention seeking. It’s not difficult.

sbob
    Free Member

Just do the ‘buy. A pair of trousers and turn up smart’ thing. It’s not for your benefit, it’s for theirs.

As much as i enjoy imagining you in a pair of budgie smugglers, this does actually sound like reasonable considered advice.

astormatt
    Free Member

Thanks for your opinions everyone. Went with shorts and a linen floral shirt….and cons.

Apparently nobody will care so it’s a win, win!

senorj

Linen floral shirt!!!??? Heaven forfend.

pics or it didn’t happen. 🙂

slowoldman

convert

Christening – I reckon it’s a total buy into what you there to do and respecting the tradition of the institution it’s happening in or it’s not going at all. Personally, as I think the whole thing is a bunch of arse of the highest order I’d not go because going would be very hypocritical. I would however rock up to wherever they are going next (pub, house etc) if I was still welcome as a welcome bit of family/friends time.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Christening Tomorrow….’ is closed to new replies.