Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chris King bottom bracket confusion
  • Fat-boy-fat

I’ve just bought a new Chris King Threadfit 24 bottom bracket to replace an existing (13 year old) Chris King bottom bracket.

It turns out that Chris King have a bunch of adapter kits nowadays for the million and one crank set and bottom bracket shell options there are out there.

The problem I’ve found is that no one seems to be consistent on how they name the kits so, even when I find a shop with some in stock, I’ve not got a clue if it is the right kit.

I need a Threadfit 24 kit #4 according to the Chris King website (73 mm wide shell and 24 mm spindle Shimano cranks) but I just can’t find one anywhere using that reference.

Anyone have an idea of where I can get hold of the right kit (Saddleback are out of stock) or whether I can just use the top hats from my old bottom bracket in the meantime?

paton
    Free Member

Fat-boy-fat

I’m not being funny but, how exactly does that help? I’m not going to spend another £250 on a bottom bracket. I’m perfectly happy with Chris King. I just need some advice on the adapter kits

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I would have thought it’s just a threadfit 24 and one 2.5mm spacer on the driveside, like any other HT2 BB…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

fit kit #4, like you say. Bike24 have them.

Daffy

Do you actually need the kit? If you’re replacing like for like, the BB should just fit and work, using the cup spacers from the old BB and no spindle spacers.

Daffy

Actually, looking at the instructions, they no longer list BB cup spacers and only use spindle spacers, so you will need the kit. Seems a bit shit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chris King bottom bracket confusion’ is closed to new replies.