Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chorley riding
  • jonba
    Free Member

I’m going to be spending a long weekend in Chorley. I’ll have chance to pop out for a few hours each day with a bike. It could be either a road or a mountain bike depending on which I decide to take.

About 20 years ago I used to ride winter hill/rivington off road but my memory is hazy. I’ve done one road ride where I went over to Blackpool and Lytham. I’d like to go out into the hills but I remember some of the roads being race tracks.

Has anybody got any good route suggestions – ideally strava or event links that I could pinch.

I’d guess anything upto 80 miles on the road or 40 off road.

Thanks,

Vortexracing

I usually venture towards Rufford etc on the road bike, some nice quiet country lanes.
    and Just wander all over Rivvy/White Coppice, and even over to Darwen Tower for a 40 Mile MTB route

mail me @ eastham8 at aol dot com and i’ll ping over some GPX routes

mick_r

Darwen and Roddlesworth was amazingly dry and riding really well today. Mr Vortex will sort you some routes but I’d have thought 40 miles would see you Rivy – Winter Hill – Darwen Moor – Roddlesworth – White Coppice – Healey Nab if you don’t mind some climbing (maybe also throw Great Hill in there somewhere).

If you can get dropped Longridge way then a lap of Bowland has some great road riding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chorley riding’ is closed to new replies.