Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Choose my helmet colour ohh err!!
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Yes its only a helmet, and yes its for safety, but please just choose a damn colour for me as I’m torn!

Black – slick and stealth and well, its black!

Blue and yellow – bright, lairy, not sold on the yellow, but been pointed out by the misses that when she is out riding the brighter helmets (take that how you will!) show up a lot better and quicker which is useful where bridle paths and bike paths cross! But its not black.

I’m letting the decision go down to the community!!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 blue helmets. But I’d buy the black in that one. (Actually I wouldn’t buy it at all cos there’s no central vent so I’d sweat like a pig)

Actually, not the black, the blue.

bigblackshed

Do you have blue and yellow riding kit? Do ride ‘Nduro? If the answer is no then, black, obviously.

sandwicheater

Blue/yucky yellow, will make you 7% more rad.

Yak

Blue and yellow. Black is dull.

Then do some matchy match stuff with new grips, pedals, etc  Might as well given that’s the  logical path as instigated by your wife.

jekkyl

black, like the night.
    Bikes should be black. Forks and wheels should be black. Helmets should be black.

madhouse

Plain black’s a bit dull, brighten things up and get the blue one.

Side note – am I the only one that sees it as Blue & Green?

stevied
    Free Member

jayx2a
    Free Member

Yeah Iits blue and lime. And I just do trial riding – no Enduro!

Bike is Matte Silver with some blue pedals.

Which one will make me faster though?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

that blue one

with these

madhouse

Lairy colours always go faster

SaxonRider

I’ve got this one. Molgrips says, when we ride together, that he can see me coming long before I actually arrive, but I think the benefits of going much faster in orange far outweigh any suggestions of garishness. 🙂

jayx2a
    Free Member

Gotta get myself those pants!!!

As for Orange – it does come in orange, but I im usually either in black or blue… liek thats some clash right? fashion police would shoot me. But in those pants they would have to catch me first!

Edit – new version no lobger comes in orange.

DezB
    Free Member

Loving the orange Seven! Just bought my son a M4 – unfortunately didn’t come in such a splendid colour, I’m sure he woulda loved it. Was only £25 though, which was nice (CRC sale)

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have the 7idp M2 like  SaxonRider but in matt black.

Only problem is that the straps are white and the look grubby as hell now.

Consider the strap colour carefully ……

Comfiest, best fitting helmet i’ve had though.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Straps on blue and black helmets are both black – actaully not seen the blue in the flesh! no ide how blue and lime it is on the eye!!!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Tried a 7idp M2 and felt that the rear cage/adjuster a bit uncomfortable against my head. Shame as it was light and looked good!

Tried so many helmets and the Montaro suited my head really well! If it was all blue I would probably just go for the blue one… but its those lime bits!!!!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Although the black version is £30 cheaper than the blue version on CRC!!

matt_outandabout

I too have the 7idp lid like that (in fastest of all silver).

The straps are crap – all half twisted and not sitting against my head right.

Bez

Black helmets are for losers and that’s a stone cold FACT.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Well I haven’t bought a black one yet so not yet a loser lol

warpcow
    Free Member

Totally green, not yellow. That’s all I had to add.

iainc

you can have them both 🙂  the pads will fall apart after a ride or 2 and you’ll get it warrantied, then the next one (which you can have in a different colour 🙂 ) will do the same…..  Have a google on Giro Montaro pads !

Alternatively, you may prove me wrong, which would be good, as I’d love to have one that didn’t fail.

lunge

Black, helmets should be black or white so as to be able to match all riding kit. Yes, I am a tart…

jayx2a
    Free Member

I have read about the pads – but nothing else i have tried fits by head and is comfortable – I have tried on quite a few!

Giro chronicle – didn’t like the exposed edges, already damaged on arrival

Troy Lee A2 – too much pressure on front

Bell Sixer and Bell 4Forty – used to love my old Bell but new ones are a differet fit

7idp M2 – didn’t fit round back

Bontrager Rally – comfy but the fixed straps didnt go under my long ears!

Bell Super 3 – not comftable around front

661 Evo – perched too high on my head

Akers

Depending on your size, 2018 Montaro in Vermillion (aka Orange) is available at Tredz for £75!

jayx2a
    Free Member

@Akers – they have my size! I thought it was a red colour but in some pics it looks more orange!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ok I might go for the Vermillion one! Its half the price and will be seen!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, that vermillion is an eye stinger! Likes.

jayx2a
    Free Member

It’s certainly quite bright!! Orange helmet with blue jacket…. interesting lol

think I prefer it to blue helmet though!!

Akers

I have the older model orange Montaro. Without getting too womanly about the colour palette, it’s a ‘traffic cone’ orange, the new one looks a bit darker orange in the pics than mine. At that price though there can be no complaints!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Does look darker but color is described as the same! Certainly stand out!!! Does it look ok when lying sideways  after a fall?!

BillOddie

I have that helmet, I have the gray one.

I always think that black helmets might get hot on our 2 days of summer or if you go on a holiday somewhere nice.

Akers

Oh yes!, your mangled form will be easy to spot!

Seriously though, the bright colour is a benefit in low light and poor visibility. Your mates can always spot you on the trails and drivers can do the same on the road.

iainc

The Vermillion one is not in the 2018 range if you look on the Giro site, so the likelihood of instantly disintegrating pads is even higher. I really don’t understand why they can’t sort them, I have used Giro helmets for decades and the Montaro is the only one that’s not been perfect. I have a Synthe MIPS road one and it is sooo comfy and light..

jayx2a
    Free Member

The new Matt vermillion is on gyro website? Is that not 2018 one? I don’t know!

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/products/men/helmets/dirt.html

jayx2a
    Free Member

Just spoke to leisure lake cycles earlier and asked if there was any difference between the 2017 and 2018 models as they have both. Apparently there is none apart from they took away a few colours and added some different ones.

I know the pads ara an issue but this helmet is so damn comfortable on my head!

iainc

Maybe they are sorted then, hope so ! I had quite a few mails with Giro head office last year and they assured me that the known fault in the pad glue had been sorted, but they couldn’t guarantee how long a helmet had been in a warehouse. So I left it a while and bought another one late summer 17, which was stamped as manufactured around June 17. The pads  fell apart first ride.

Keen to hear how you get on, they are really nice looking and comfy lids and I would buy another tomorrow if I knew the pads would last..

In the meantime my Speciaized Ambush is faring well 😀

jayx2a
    Free Member

Hope they last! I looked at the ambush but sadly those fixed straps don’t fit my long ears! Same as the Bontrager Rally, fitted great apart from straps – damn my ears!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Choose my helmet colour ohh err!!’ is closed to new replies.