Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Chocolate Soreen.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Chocolatey squidgy greatness for the bike. Game changer. Can’t see me going back to the original.

jam-bo

i thought that, and then they stopped stocking it in my local supermarket.

DezB
    Free Member

Chocolatey squidgy greatness for the bike

Just on the chain, or as a general lube?

funkmasterp

It’s the devils food. Mrs F stopped buying it as full loaves would disappear over night. This phenomenon had nothing at all to do with me.

thepurist

Just on the chain, or as a general lube?

Can you stick inside your tubeless tyres instead of that foamy stuff.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤮🤢💩

cheers_drive

I like malt loaf and I like chocolate but I didn’t like chocolate malt loaf. The banana one is OK though.

Kryton57

Its nothing compared to the Apple one.   Basically soft moorish Apple Strudel…

willard

Heathens one and all! None can beat the banananana version. ’tis all kinds of loveliness in a squidgy brown loaf.

padkinson
    Free Member

moorish Apple Strudel…

I prefer Byzantine apple strudel

zilog6128

The banana one is OK though.

Correct, if by “OK” you mean AMAZEBALLS

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

There is a limited edition Toffee Apple one for Halloween!

hot_fiat

Prefer the regular one with nutella on.

tmb467
    Free Member

Don’t they still do the Fruity Five?  Not seen it for a long time n it’s not on their website but it was like Christmas cake

cherry, sultana, currants, lemon peel and orange

DrJ

Basically soft moorish Apple Strudel…

I thought the Moors stopped at Spain – did they make it to Vienna?

convert

They have just switch the tesco store that covers my area for deliveries from a crappy little one to a mahoosive one. Suddenly variants like chocolate soreen are now a thing. I maybe on a diet very soon.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s got palm oil in it.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

It’s got palm oil in it.

Ooh very exotic

dawson

I preferred the apple one over original or banana, but my local supermarket hasn’t had any for ages

bigjim

Yeah not bought it since realising it was full of palm oil

jonnyboi

Original, with butter

it could have baby robins in it for all I care

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>Original yes. Chocolate one, not so much.</p><p></p><p>Palm oil not good. Hoping that doesn’t include original or I may cry.</p>

mahalo

when you say ‘for the bike’ what do you mean?

genuine question, ive never really cottoned on to the phenomenon. i do like tho!

lotto
    Free Member

Just for when I’m on the bike. ie out riding.

DezB
    Free Member

ive never really cottoned on to the phenomenon

the bizarre phenomenon of needed a good source of energy for bike riding? Goddam weird eh? 😉

kayla1
    Free Member

Yeah not bought it since realising it was full of palm oil

This forum needs a like button.

scaled
    Free Member

Turns out the owners are pretty substantial Tory donors as well :/

I just found that out today and i’m really rather perturbed

kayla1
    Free Member

Turns out the owners (Samworth Brothers) are pretty substantial Tory donors as well :/

We stopped buying Warburtons stuff as well for the same reason.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I stopped using soreen as fuel for longer rides and replaced it with fruity flapjack due to it playing havoc with my guts.

The chocolate and toffee apple ones were definatly the best flavours though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

<div class=”bbcode-quote”>

Turns out the owners (Samworth Brothers) are pretty substantial Tory donors as well :/

</div>
    We stopped buying Warburtons stuff as well for the same reason.

Every RT day is a school day.

#bannedWarburtonsinmyhouse

convert

OK so that’s my guilty snack and guilty plastic bread pleasures removed. What booze do I need to stop drinking? Any other treats you could ruin for me?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Tunnocks.

Or you could accept that people have different political views and grow the **** up. Crazy notion, I know.

andytherocketeer

Only JD Wetherspoons and Dyson cleaners that’s banned for me for political reasons (plus most newspapers and their websites).

Can’t wait to try chocolate Soreen. Although plain with butter (not marge) is best.

johnners
    Free Member

Or you could accept that people have different political views and grow the **** up.

It’s perfectly possible to accept that people have different political views and yet not want to buy their stuff if some of their profits helps fund a party with an ideology you’re not keen on. Principles eh? That’s some crazy shit right there!

lunge

Winter spiced is the best best version IMO, absolutely lovely. Can be made even better, and even more indulgent, by lightly frying a slice of it in a little butter. Filth I tell you.

kayla1
    Free Member

OK so that’s my guilty snack and guilty plastic bread pleasures removed. What booze do I need to stop drinking? Any other treats you could ruin for me?

😆 Brew your own 😉

Carlsberg and Heineken are dicks, Coca Cola and Pepsi are evil, don’t drink shit tax-avoiding high street coffee, avoid Nestle like the plague, Cadbury are also dicks.

Fortunately not buying shit food and drinks means you end up feeling loads better, lose a bit of excess fat and have more £££ to spend on bike stuff if you want to- winner winner, meat-free dinner 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

a quick search shows that Soreen palm oil comes from sustainable sources….

not sure that makes much of a difference.

philjunior
    Free Member

Or you could accept that people have different political views and grow the **** up. Crazy notion, I know.

Or you could grow the **** up and realise that others are free to make politically/ethically motivated purchasing decisions. Crazy notion, I know.

jamj1974

Palm oil and Conservative party donation put the kibosh on Soreen in our house.  Palm oil on its own put pay to Nutella.  Try and avoid all the palm oil products we can as palm oil from sustainable sources seems hard to identify in mainstream products.

Homemade banana & choc chip loaf for the win in our house.  That and oat, nut and seed granola bars.

weeksy

What’s wrong with Palm Oil then ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate Soreen.’ is closed to new replies.