Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chinese wheels on eBay what are peoples thoughts?
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

seen a fair few frames on forums that are the Chinese and carbon with fair reviews.

Haven’t seen as many wheels for MTB and road from Chinese eBay sellers.

So how are they?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Do you value your life?

trail_rat
    Free Member

and what are you basing that statement on david ?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Have a look on MTBR. Lots of real world experience rather than armchair engineers. My chinese carbon frame is better quality than some big brand frames I’ve had.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I felt someone had to say it 😀

I’ve read a bit about them. Most people dont have problems and the wheels are decent. If you do have problems, you’ve got little chance of getting them resolved.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Do you value your life?

Well yes obvs, but this is why I’m asking the question.

lots of people feel like the frames/forks are safe and a fork failure could be just as catastrophic as wheel failure but lots trust their forks…

mikehopkins
    Free Member

you’ve got little chance of getting them resolved.

Yeah i guess you wave goodbye to CS 🙁

STATO
    Free Member

If you do have problems, you’ve got little chance of getting them resolved.

another sweeping statement? if you read the mtbr threads you’ll know the companies are pretty good at supporting customers. Yeah there are issues due to distance but service is on par with many of the more obvious alternatives.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Indeed, I’ve had good customer service from the far east sellers that I’ve used. They have reputations to uphold too, so based on the good helpful communication I’ve had whilst buying, I’d be fairly confident they’d assist if you had trouble.

You won’t get a replacement of a failed item just as quick perhaps but that’s a downside you accept when you buy.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i have had a fantastic experience of farsports.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chinese wheels on eBay what are peoples thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.