Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chinese Carbon – eBay or 'direct'?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

I’m planning ahead for next CX season already, and looking at getting four new pairs of tub wheels. I’ve previously bought sets on eBay – is that my best source, or would people recommend other more ‘buy direct’ options from China? Anyone likely to give me any sort of discount on four sets?

Thanks folks…

whytesky
    Free Member

No idea where you’d be better buying from but don’t forget to factor in the likelyhood of you having to pay import duty if you buy direct.

dovebiker

There are a number of ebay sellers with good reputations – search forums for recommendations. Factor in customs and VAT charges of 30% as a price comparison. I recently bought some carbon rims via AliExpress which all went smoothly and was cheaper than dealing with ebay as there’s often extra discount codes with sellers. If it was me, I’d buy the rims and build the wheels myself – IMO a built wheel is more likely to be damaged in transit than just the rim.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve had wheels from eBay in the past and also bought direct.
    If your buying in bulk your better off going direct as you get bigger discounts.
    Aliexpress or Alibaba.com – dont use the phone apps unless the Web page says you get more discount on the app as I’ve found not all items get shown on the app (especially on aliexpress).

Remember to factor in duty even if you are using eBay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chinese Carbon – eBay or 'direct'?’ is closed to new replies.