Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Chilli tech bullet helmet cameras (or other cheap recommendations)
  • eskay

The software should allow you to flip it, under the bar is the preference for me.

anagallis_arvensis

Second ride, first close pass submitted to Hampshire Police, nice clear view of reg and incident, they ask for it not to go online so I’ll wait till they fob me off with no action before I post.
    As a side what’s decent software for editing the avi’s?

eskay

VLC is free and pretty good, but you shouldn’t need to edit it. My local force (Avon & Somerset) Require three minutes before and after the incident, so I always send them two or three recordings (my cams are set to 3 minute chunks). They insist on the timestamp being correct though, not sure if other forces do so be aware of that.

anagallis_arvensis

I was hoping to just send one file, sent two though, on the online form they asked if the time stamp was correct and if not why not. Could be a bit of a pain if I need to set it before every ride.

anagallis_arvensis

Apparently you need to update the date stamp if you remove the battery or if it runs completely flat. I Facebook messaged them and got a pretty prompt reply…very prompt considering its the weekend.

anagallis_arvensis

Yes, yes I know, but I didn’t hear him coming!

joebristol

Is your camera to the left of the stem or the right? If the left he’s pretty flipping close.

madeupname
    Free Member

@anagallis_arvensis
    is that just a still from the video? decent image (but way too close!)

would you mind posting a short clip of footage from any other car pass? I’d like to see the real world quality of the footage before buying….

Thanks

Edit – I understand you have been asked not to show the close pass by police, so any other car to see video quality and ease of reading plates etc. ta!

anagallis_arvensis

Is your camera to the left of the stem or the right? If the left he’s pretty flipping close.

Camera is on left of stem under bars, it wasn’t very fast but **** close, I had to move my arm to avoid the wing mirror!

would you mind posting a short clip of footage from any other car pass?

I’ll try later, I have a very good clear image of the reg number from this video though. Wife took camera yesterday and I went through looking at reg numbers. It’s a bit hit and miss with traffic coming the other way but anything approaching a close pass it works well.

anagallis_arvensis

Just reviewed my video to find another car pass and the preceding 3min video, this one, and 3min after have no other cars!! I deleted all the other stuff. The number plate in the one above is as clear as day though!

madeupname
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

Just reviewed my video to find another car pass and the preceding 3min video, this one, and 3min after have no other cars!!

Bonus of quiet Hampshire lanes and reduced traffic during Covid
    (except the New Forest was crazy busy yesterday as it was sunny…)
    Thx for looking

ossify

Had an email today that’s it’s being shipped soon 🙂

Just spotted they also have a new rear camera up for sale now, a tad more expensive though.
    Video with example footage at the end:

mrchrispy

ordered a bullet cam yesterday, if I didnt already have a fly6 id also get one of these (the fly6 is probably due to die soon anyway….they seem to have built-in obsolescence).

Ewan
    Free Member

Presumably mr chilli isn’t getting these things designed for him. Has anyone tracked down the rear camera on banggood or alibaba?

anagallis_arvensis

video here for you to see the quality, check out the Range Rover near start, you can clear pause and see reg plate quite clearly.

should be here when its uploaded, I think, hopefully!!!

thenorthwind

Still says “we’re processing this video, check back later” :-/

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah sorry about that, my boy closed browser to watch Disney Plus! Trying again.

anagallis_arvensis

try again

Jesus, it’s not a quick process is it!

eskay

It’s a tense wait…..

anagallis_arvensis

**** it, I give up, sorry

anagallis_arvensis

eskay

That looks pretty good to me, on a par with my Aldi rear cameras. I paused it several times and could see the number plates of parked cars, on coming and vehicles in front.

We have been away this week so still haven’t tried mine.

anagallis_arvensis

That Range Rover that went straight through the mini roundabout you can see the reg number too which is side on, I didn’t think it would work. Shame it doesn’t catch the dumb look on the drivers face as they finally look my way and still don’t manage to realise they’ve done anything wrong. Saw it coming a mile off though, it’s a very bad junction. Mini roundabouts are bad enough on their own but put two together and no one has a clue!

eskay

There is one of those roundabouts near me and I have seen so many near misses. You can always anticipate it because people who haven’t got a clue traverse the first stage too quickly.

They are a really bad design

joebristol

Been hovering over these for a little while, but I had my first ever
    Aggressive and deliberate close pass and cut in across me. Just missed the curb before the idiot carried on his way making v signs in the air. Prior to that he’d zoomed up behind me beeping – presumably because he thought I was too far out from the curb (I wasn’t – I was just to the left of the middle of my lane).

Clicked order on one of these as soon as I got back – ideally I’d be able to attach it to the go pro style hanger that sits under my Garmin out front mount – what comes in the box with the camera? I suspect this doesn’t come with it – but I didn’t really want to spend £15 on their new mount that replaces the front cap of the stem – which looks like it allows for a gopro style attachment.

Wondering if there is a cheaper solution they sell (but isn’t on their website) that would allow for this type of attachment without replacing the front of the stem.

anagallis_arvensis

what comes in the box with the camera?

Bar mount and helmet mount, you need to get a sim card.

joebristol

Cheers – I’ve dropped them a message about gopro mounts so will see what they say. I’ll nick the micro sd card outs of my gopro for now – pretty sure that’s 16 or 32mb.

thepurist

The rear camera posted up there looks like a Fly6 alternative but it’d struggle to work with any sort of seat pack unless you’ve got a yard of Seatpost showing. If you tried to mount it on the back of the seat pack the angle of the camera looks like it’d be pointing at the sky.

eskay

thepurist
    Subscriber
    The rear camera posted up there looks like a Fly6 alternative but it’d struggle to work with any sort of seat pack unless you’ve got a yard of Seatpost showing. If you tried to mount it on the back of the seat pack the angle of the camera looks like it’d be pointing at the sky.

I have the Aldi (Maxtek) rear light/cam and a seat large seat pack would obscure the lens. I friend of mine has his mounted on the seat tube so that it peaks out between the two rear stays.

Cycliq do not recommend mounting rear cams anywhere other than the seat post because the cameras become too susceptible to vibration (if on some kind of extended mount etc)

joebristol

If anyone is wondering about the gopro mount idea, for £3.90 Chilli Tech provide an adapter that holds the light and has the mount that fits to a gopro mount you already have (e.g on the underneath of a gopro mount).

Can’t wait for it to arrive – hopefully Sod’s law says that I then never get a close pass again – but if I do it’ll be winging it’s way to the police sharpish.
    All these aggressive drivers needs a wake up call that it’s not ok to drive like they do.

roger_mellie

I’ve dropped them a message about gopro mounts

In my experience, they won’t reply. You’ll get more help from here.

anagallis_arvensis

In my experience, they won’t reply

I have had very prompt replies via Facebook messenger.

joebristol

Yeah – they’ve already come back to me with the answer on the gopro mount above to be fair. They replied on a Saturday!

anagallis_arvensis

9 days after submitting the footage Hampshire Police have emailed and asked me to submit my video of the incident!!!

madeupname
    Free Member

@rogermellie

In my experience, they won’t reply. You’ll get more help from here.

replied fast to contact via their contact form on website (I messaged late Sat, Paul replied on Sunday) and also to my response to their email reply (if that makes sense…)

@joebristol

Thanks for the heads up on that mount, have contacted them and they have added it to my order before despatch so no extra P&P charge

Will update once arrives

PS I have no link to Chillitech

joebristol

No worries – a gopro style mount makes things much tidier for me as it’s all on one mount on the bars and leaves room for a light to go on the other side of the stem when the nights close in. £3.90 nice and cheap too!

easily
    Free Member

Mine arrived over the weekend.

Usually I’m like a schoolboy with a new toy, but as I didn’t have memory card ready I’ve not been able to use it.
    Anybody got any recs for decent cards, or will anything do?

anagallis_arvensis

I got this

Bunnyhop

NBT here posting on bunnyhop’s account, for clarity
    I got the 64gb version of the card above for a tenner from amazon. Needs formatting to Fat32 but there’s a video on the Chilli Tech youtube channel with links and instructions for a free app to do that

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Chilli tech bullet helmet cameras (or other cheap recommendations)’ is closed to new replies.