Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Children and them taking liberties. WS rant part 27 etc..
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Kids!!!! I’m not proud and it rarely rarely ever happens but tonight I’ve blown as they do **** all but cool stuff that I pay for and then moan after I suggest tbey could do more to help around the house. And yes I now feel bad and I’m using this little social platform to be berated, judged and roundly booed.
    But **** me they are trying my patience at the minute, especially when over grumpy dad gets called a knob head by his only ally, step up Mrs ws!
    She’s now been removed from the security council and it’s just me and the dog, thing is I gave him a bollocking earlier for pulling whilst out walking so he’s only my mate as I was putting the ham back in the fridge. Happy bastard Easter!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on the house mate

pandhandj
    Free Member

Relax, reconcile the dog – he’s the only one to be happy when you come home from work!

From personal experience, be the nice guy, apologies, state you are sorry. Meanwhile, plan the long game, years from now…sucker them in. Don’t get mad, get even! At least it works for me. It’s what gets me out of bed in the morning 😎

scaredypants

… or killing spree

I mean, you should at least consider it

(and there’s something not right about that hand round mikews’s pint)

wrightyson
    Free Member

They genuinely are great kids 99 percent of the time but this last week the stuff we do for them has all become a little bit expected, such as insuring the car for the daughter to learn to drive in or running around to get laddos bike fixed. Must be something in the water because as I say they are normally awesome.

pandhandj
    Free Member

Perchy has a great contact for kid sized tazers – no questions asked! You just need to be aware that it is actually illegal to tazer your kids. Who knew?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You just need to be aware that it is actually illegal to tazer your kids. Who knew?

Just do it from behind the grassy knoll

bearnecessities

Oh look. It’s Mike again being mildly patronising.

Give it a bloody rest!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Taser you say? Kids would def get it before the dog, Mrs ws and the knob head comment…. she’s first for a zapping!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Subscriber

Give it a bloody rest!

seriously wtaf? Are we not allowed to offer a pint or make a joke about framing somebody for tasering your kids without the STW grumpies getting involved

feed

(and there’s something not right about that hand round mikews’s pint)

Yeah, the nails aren’t stuck to the skin, weird.

MoreCashThanDash

Same boat here, usually amazing kids, sometimes complete dickheads.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Stick the Eels on Spotify. Make peace with the dog. Consider your navel for a while. Been there. Feel for you bud.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Well wrighty, me and my brother did things that could have been in an episode of shameless. What is it that they did 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perchy has a great contact for kid sized tazers – no questions asked!

Tasering your kids is not cool.

…and if you get caught doing it again you could get in big trouble.

Apparently.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that is why you need the decoy PP

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You need some me time.

Not me personally. Hey ho.

A nice bike ride and great sex.

Note I didn’t say wife unless she has younger, single and fitter sister.

zilog6128

Well wrighty, me and my brother did things that could have been in an episode of shameless.

your bro is like Jason Statham but for realz 😍. Tell us the one again about when you beat up a whole rugby team. That’s my fave. 👍

nick1962
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Subscriber

Give it a bloody rest!

seriously wtaf? Are we not allowed to offer a pint or make a joke about framing somebody for tasering your kids without the STW grumpies getting involved

I’m in full agreement with you on this occasion mike,humorous and not patronising at all.
    But when you’re extremely patroninsing..well that’s another story 😉

raybanwomble
    Free Member

your bro is like Jason Statham but for realz 😍. Tell us the one again about when you beat up a whole rugby team. That’s my fave

Jason Statham is a bit too good looking to be either of us.

Oh and for the OP, there was a post a while back by one poster – included a post from Stoner about his issues. It might help make you feel a bit better.

What I mean to say, is that some kids are genuine dicks. If they are great 99 percent of the time, then Wrightysons probably doing okay.

Take a deep breathe, give them a hug and be happy that you all see eye to eye the vast majority of the time.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Oh look. It’s Mike again being mildly patronising

Yes, but Mike is entertaining because he is a bit patronising. He’d be boring to read if he was just another vanilla poster. He doesn’t go beyond being a bit patronising.

I don’t see why people take so much offence to character flaws in posters on here. It’s part of the **** entertainment.

Chewkw and jivehoney add entertainment in their own special way as well. Can you imagine this place without all the idiosyncratic behaviour?

This place keeps me around because it’s a zoo.

bigdean

Try working with them…. “Why are you late?” Ans “my dad forgot to wake me up!” 🙄

On a similar note I’ve made it clear i’m keeping a mental note and sons first car is going to be subject to my muddy shoes, dragging a bag down the side and dropping half chewed harribo under on of the seats.

matt_outandabout

I relate to OP. It’s that constant pushing to get them to do things to help, or even non-negotiable things like homework or tidy room.

matt_outandabout

Oh, and wait until she passes – I’ve just paid more for car insurance than I spend on a decent FS bike. 😭

Funny how I can’t have a Sonder Evol but he can have car insurance…

onehundredthidiot

Or throw a strop. “You want it you pay for it” meet them half way but they have to contribute. Kids can be dicks but then they’re only human.

taxi25
    Free Member

. Kids can be dicks but then they’re only human.

Not so sure about that 🤔 Eventually they might, but it takes absolutely ages. I’ve always felt up to a certain age parents should have the option of killing them ( or at least a severe tasering) and starting over with a new bunch.

w00dster

Yeah I know the feeling. I keep telling my daughters I’m going to take them back to John Lewis for a refund, but they just roll their eyes now.
    Mine can’t even be bothered to take their dirty clothes downstairs to the laundry basket. Drives me mad!!
    5 more years before i can force them to join the army!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Mine does that as well, is half the age of yours by the sound of it!

russyh
    Free Member

Mine are 9 and 13, whilst being particularly lucky most of the time. I do get fairly pissed by the ‘oh it’s broken, Don’t worry Dad will buy another’ attitude I get sometimes. I have today played a blinder. Daughter wants a friend over, I won’t discuss it until she has vacuumed the house. A job the wife had given me to do before she went out!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Daughter wants a friend over, I won’t discuss it until she has vacuumed the house. A job the wife had given me to do before she went out!

Schoolboy error.

Daughter will grass as soon as wife gets home. You will get berated for being lazy

You should have got the Daughter to do a job that wife was due to do instead.

senorj

Little j gave me the “whatever” bomb this morning . I was in bed and a little hungover. I now plan to eat at least one of his Easter eggs as “punishment”.
    That’ll teach him.

rOcKeTdOg

I know you all really love them and they play up occasionally but spare a thought for those of us who’d love to have been able to have kids, even annoying ones.
    give them a hug & count your blessings.

jamj1974

Ours are good most of the time – but a little less ‘performing’ when we ask them to do things sometimes…

I know you all really love them and they play up occasionally but spare a thought for those of us who’d love to have been able to have kids, even annoying ones.
    give them a hug & count your blessings.

But honestly this ^^. I am thankful for them every single day – because I know we are lucky.

matt_outandabout

give them a hug & count your blessings

So right. We’ve a few friends in you position RD, it’s tough and doesn’t get easier.

But if mine don’t tidy thier rooms this morning…

anagallis_arvensis

Maybe we could work out a STW time share?

Stoner
    Free Member

included a post from Stoner about his issues

I have many issues. Some even related to my devil spawn children, but I’m at a loss to recall which post and thread you’re referring to, raybanwomble.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe we could work out a STW time share?

I’m prepared to sell the sullen, ginger one.

Almost no visible scorch marks.

Would consider swapsies for bike.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure you could swap a ginger one for a bike, maybe some decent wheels at best!!

shooterman

I know what you mean OP.

Two teenagers here. Not sure we’re all going to make it out alive.

funkmasterp

You can trade them for bikes? why was I not made aware of this. Stroppy five year old for a gravel bike anyone?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Children and them taking liberties. WS rant part 27 etc..’ is closed to new replies.