Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Chest Pain when riding – that can’t be good.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

OP – a negative test for heart pain is to take a proton pump inhibitor. Basically if you get reflux it burns your oesophagus. Some people do not know they are getting it, and don’t feel the burn in their oesophagus, but it also gives chest and heart pain, irritated by movement.
    So they try you on PPI’s for a few days and if the pain goes away then it likely due to reflux.

https://www.jwatch.org/jw201301240000001/2013/01/24/esomeprazole-unexplained-chest-pain

Or try gaviscon for a few days. IANAD..

whatgoesup

+1 for anyone with concerns to go get checked out.

I’ve had some chest “tightness”, only when resting for a little while – given no issues when riding hard including hitting 190+bpm at 43 years old I figured all must be fine. I had some slight tingling type sensation in my left arm, and on the basis of this thread took it a bit more seriously, checked out NHS111 online, which said go get this dealt with.

Yesterday afternoon I headed to A&E, told them the above and within 10 mins was in and being checked out – ECG, blood sample, chest X-Ray etc. All fine. Everyone who dealt with me said that getting checked out is the right thing to do. Not a hint of “why did you bother us with this etc” which I did worry about beforehand – wasting their time etc.

So – as above I confirm that if anyone is in any doubt, go get checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I need to go to the heart doctor. I never have chest pain or dizziness but I do get ectopic heart beats

I get a wobbly feeling like a palpitation if I have too much coffee, if I have any more than 2 or 3 in a few hours, could set your watch by it.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Chest Pain when riding – that can’t be good.’ is closed to new replies.