Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • chest infection
  • donkeydave

Anyone else? Just as i thought things were going well.
    Most depressing, any good internet based blogs or reads to pass the time?

mrsfry
    Free Member

It’s coming out my nose and my….just waiting for my other bits to catch up.

donkeydave

Yep i feel your pain being signed off and coughing up blood is never a nice experience.

jimster01

I’ve had three in the last twelve months,best thing to do is take your self out of circulation, and pick a box set to watch,then when you think you’re over it start another box set because if you start exercising too soon it’ll be back with a vengeance.

Sorry guy’s.

cynic-al
    Free Member

3 in 2 months here. Twice in the last 8 months.

DT78
    Free Member

Amazon prime xfiles

GJP
    Free Member

3 in the last 5 months, and being an asthmatic it has been no fun at all. Three rounds of steroids and four rounds of antibiotics. 20 days off sick. Every week I feel I am catching some other virus. The Bridge and Homeland back to back for two weeks just about kept me sane.

donkeydave

Oh well perhaps my thoughts of it will be all over in a week might be a bit premature then!
    on antibiotics which seem not to be working.

Cougar

I’ve had a variation on a ‘cold’ since November.

When it seemed to have turned into a chest infection (I was coughing and hawking so much in a morning that I was being sick), I gave in and went to the doctors. He prescribed a week’s course of horse-tranquilizer antibiotics.

The antibiotics cleared up the infection, but put me on my arse. I was alternately not sleeping and then sleeping for my country. Halfway through the course I fell asleep in the middle of my tea, my missus couldn’t wake me and after 20 minutes rang 111 who told her to call an ambulance. Cue two paramedics at my front door just as I’d come back round. Fun evening.

Took the next two days off work and slept for 14 hours both nights, finished the course and two days later I’m full of snot and lungbutter again. Bored now.

ski
    Free Member

Just managed to clear mine, started Christmas Eve!

Had two weeks solid of wheezing, then the cough, followed by sinuses from hell and dizziness!

That’s a record for me

Drac

1 in 43 years here. They’re horrible things and wouldn’t want one again.

jam-bo

and wouldn’t want one again.

1 in 39 years and now very careful training when I have a cough/cold. Not an experience I want to repeat.

Just getting over a cold now and itching to ride but gonna wait a couple more days.

Drac

I rarely get colds but when I do I carry on as normal. The chest infection I had was secondary to flu not a bit of the sniffles.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Just coming off a 5 day tango with man flu. A cocktail of Paracetelmol, ibuprofen, Bronchostop and Pseudoephrine hydrochloride did the trick. The hyper sensitive painful skin was new symtom this time.

Pulled my shoulder/ neck whilst sleeping propped up..Mustnt grumble.. it couldve been worse.

ferrals
    Free Member

Had pnemonia ove christmas a few years ago. started so suddenly, went from surfing one afternoon, to feeling a touch off by 6, raging temperature by 9. It knocked me sideways for a couple of months (a month of being ill and a month or so to start recovering. The only thing that got me through it (bar a significant quantity of antibiotics) was lying half delerious and watching every single re-run of hugh fearnly whittingstalls programs on tinternet.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’d everyone else still waiting for the grim reaper 🙁
    Why won’t it stop. It ain’t possible to have this much gunk inside.
    …….
    Unless I’m a Tardis!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘chest infection’ is closed to new replies.