Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chess WC – Carleson v Caruana (spoilers)
  • Garry_Lager

All kicking off in London today – After 12 / 12 drawn matches under classical time, we move onto rapid chess to decide the champ. Players get 25 mins total (plus some increments), and Carleson has stuck some absolute reducers into the challenger early doors. Won the first two games and they are contesting the third right now – a draw will be enough to retain the title.

Carleson got a lot of stick from the chess OGs for offering a draw in the last classical match – he had a playable position and a significant time advantage. Seems like his confidence was well-placed.

https://youtu.be/HBvQ36SqgqM

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds a great contest. Im going to catch up with some of this tonight, certainly the timed games.

If anyone is on chess.com and fancies a game I’m “Stonerov”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well that was a result. No spoiler.

scaredypants

If anyone is on <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>chess.com</span> and fancies a game I’m “Stonerov”

scareski awaits !

(not really, haven’t played since I was at school)

Garry_Lager

Wrecked him there in rapid. Caruana should be proud, though – didn’t wilt and went toe to toe for the whole classical phase, creating chances. His time may come again. I guess he will rue not being able to make things happen earlier on, given he was a little overmatched in the shortened time formats.

Thought the commentary on chess24 was exceptional – good chemistry between three elite GMs (Giri, Grishchuk, and Svidler) who made it as accessible as they could to normal players. Dawson, Guscott and Davies it was not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chess WC – Carleson v Caruana (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.