Home Forums Chat Forum Cheapest way to print an A3 poster?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheapest way to print an A3 poster?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Hi all, I’ve got a poster I want to get printed as gifts for my tutor group who are leaving in a few weeks. The image is a greyscale/line art self produced thing and is nothing complex.

I’ve googled poster printing and for the 14 I need it’s coming out at £50 or so which is a bit rich for the circumstances really. I’ve also looked up A3 glossy laser paper but that’s over £25 or so for a minimum 100 sheets and I’d be happy to do that if I were sure that the printer would handle it ok, and not be £25 down and have to start again.

I’m leaning towards the “buy my own paper” route really and take my chances but thought I’d ask on here first in case anyone had a cunning solution!

TIA as always 🙂

PS – A3 is probably the minimum, but any bigger and we’re surely into “very expensive” territory

binners

£3.50 per A3 print is bonkers!

Just pop in your local print shop and they’ll be able to sort you out for a lot less than that.

Printing.com have got franchises everywhere and are great for little jobs like this

maccruiskeen

I’ve googled poster printing

The word ‘poster’ is probably making the prices you’re seeing seem expensive. What you want is A3 ‘copies’. By looking for online vendors you;re also pushing up your price – quite a lot of bother, postage and packaging for selling 14 sheets of paper.

judetheobscure
    Free Member

£3.50 per A3 print is a reasonable price and I doubt you’re going to print it cheaper than that. I can print A3 at home and it costs about that as a minimum at home.

munkster
    Free Member

Great thanks, not sure I’ve ever been in such a place! The £50 was generally including £8 or so P&P. I get it that places need to cover such things, it’s not a criticism, if it were for 14 family members I might just pay it but for this situation it goes a bit above and beyond 😉

maccruiskeen

Great thanks, not sure I’ve ever been in such a place!

It may well be your local library can do it. 10p for A3 in my one.

munkster
    Free Member

Thing is, I want it to *be* like a poster so the stock is going to need to be more funky than basic copier paper. Otherwise I’d just run the prints off with standard 80gsm A3…

Cougar

A mate of mine has a printing sideline. I asked him, he replied:

“You need a reproduction place for that sadly. I can’t make it for that price using mine. 😕

My paper prints are usually around 6 quid as they’re on thick art paper for use behind a frame and glass. I haven’t any thinner glossy paper as I had no need for it.”

munkster
    Free Member

Thanks @Cougar, I think I’m going to chance it with the A3 glossy stuff and hope that the printer can cope!

Merak

If you send me it I’ll print it for you.

👍

munkster
    Free Member

@Merak that is very kind but beyond the call of duty. Tell you what, if my self-printing endeavours fail in any way, I’ll get back to you, it is much appreciated.

Merak

It really is no bother. I’ve had some very kind gestures on here over the years, just paying it forward.

I can do it on semi gloss 160gsm. Send me the PDF. 👍

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest way to print an A3 poster?’ is closed to new replies.