Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheapest Hydro Road groupset
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Looking for a groupset for a 2016 arkose

Will be running single run upfront and already have a crank i can use if need be

Doesnt need to be massive range

Anything reasonable priced avaliable?

vincienup
    Free Member

Your biggest issue is probably brake mounts.  Most of the best prices around seem to be for the newer Flat Mount, and then there’s the LH shifter.  If a LH lever that wants to try and shift is a problem for you and you want an out of the box solution then pretty much the SRAM CX is your only option without running mismatched levers.   Otherwise  you’re probably going to need to build your own group with non-series levers and callipers.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve kept the tiagra double cranks and chucked a superstar 42t NW, got SRAM force 1x shifter, Apex rear mech and slx 11-42t cassette. 1x road shifter things not easy to source, wanted hydraulics but way too much Deutsch marks.

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Didnt notice my frame was post mount so will not take flat mount

I can live with a left hand lever that wants to shift i am sure i can jam it some how

I am also happy to mis match things but dont know where to start

faustus

You could think about trp hylex and a bar end shifter. Not as nice and still not that cheap, but probably still good and if you go sram shifting them you can go wide range and not worry so much about shifter compatibility.

Otherwise, second hand, which are still not cheap!

genubah
    Free Member

Does it have to be 11 speed? The new RS405 STIs (coupled with 785 calipers) can manage a 11-34 cassette with a 4700 GS mech.

DrP

Funny..i found (when looking) that the flat mount calipers were pricier…
    In the end I went 105 shifters and 685 calipers as I’m running XT on my MTBs, and i try to keep pad variety to a minimum!

I find for a CX bike I’m wary of Uber pricey kit as you’re more likely to bash a mech/snap a lever…

105 11speed is pretty nice…

DrP

TiRed

If you are going 1×11 and fancy something a little different, then imay I suggest a gevenalle Hylex conversion. If it’s for road, it will look a bit different, but off-road I love my gevenalle.

johnw1984
    Free Member

That Gevenalle conversion is exactly what I want for my CdA. I’d like some Hydro brakes and single shifting for less that a kidney!

Didn’t know such a thing existed, looks like a neat solution that. From what I can see on that, I take it you’d need to add Hylex calipers to complete?

Wonder if you can buy calipers only?

rhid

what about the giant condcut system? Its a hydro / mechanical system. I have it on my defy and its pretty decent. Its currently being fitted to my Diverge too. Its about £120 ish

TiRed

For Gevenalle, you will need the TRP calipers and levers, they then send replacement for just the actual lever,plus a thumbshifter to add to it, I believe.

Cheaper would be a TRP Spyres set plus bar-end shifter. Not much in it to be honest, you can’t shift Gevenalle from the drops (just the hoods), you can’t shift a bar-end from the hoods.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest Hydro Road groupset’ is closed to new replies.