Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap TV package with fibre only install
  • davosaurusrex

Wanting to get away from those shysters at Virgin, especially as our current deal has ended and they won’t let us reduce the package without signing up to another contract. £130 a month now for not great broadband speeds and a load of telly channels we never watch! City Fibre is due on our street in March so guess we’ll have to suck it up until then.
    When we do switch we are happy with the main streaming services but would like a base package of the main “legacy” channels, BBCs, ITV, 4 etc and maybe Dave, I had figured a Freeview box would do that but when checking the channels available on the website not even those are listed which seems odd. What are the thoughts of the hive mind?

davosaurusrex

No dish

timmys

Is this what you are trying; https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-channel-checker

I get 130 channels listed – inc. all the ones you mention. The kicker is that only 7 are HD (BBC 1 to 4, ITV1, C4 & C5)

Note that Freeview and Freesat are not the the same. You need to have a dish for Freesat, plus there are differences in channels available.

disco_stu
    Free Member

You can get all the channels you’ve listed on a Firestick, though I don’t thing the Dave app gives a live stream ( or at least it didn;t the last time I used it )

davosaurusrex

Strangely the freeview checker does now show BBC, ITV etc. Only 49 channels here but that’ll do

Cougar

I’m in the same boat.

Terrestrial TV is dire unless you want BBC/ITV/C4 and 50 other poundshop channels. My viewing these days is Netflix and Amazon Prime.

davosaurusrex

Netflix and Disney Plus here, free trial to Prime at the mo but it winds me up how you still have to pay for some stuff on top so won’t be subscribing. Will likely put a bit of the saving towards YouTube premium although I think their pricing is salty, had thought £8-10 would be more like it

timmys

YouTube premium although I think their pricing is salty, had thought £8-10 would be more like it

Bit dodgy, but apparently if you subscribe from some specific countries (via VPN) it’s around a quid a month. I think the VPN is just needed to sign up, not every time you use it.

davosaurusrex

Ooh. If they were charging £8 or so I would think thats fair enough but £18….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.