Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap 650b gravel tyres – options?
  • b230ftw
    Free Member

Was thinking of trying a set of 650b wheels on my gravel bike just to see what it’s like, but I just need the tyres. Don’t want to spend a load of money so is there are cheap options to try it out? Don’t want massive chunky treads, something maybe 47c ish and something in between a slick and a proper MTB tyre should be ok.

llama

look for 2 inch 650b mtb xc tyres instead of ‘gravel’

chestrockwell

My mate got some grey walled Vittoria tyres from Planet X cheap and is very pleased with them. Not sure if they have any stock now though?

RichBowman

These of any interest?

Latest Classified Ads

Cheers,

Rich

Edit: Oh ffs. Can’t even link within the forum now… I’ve a pair of Victoria Terrano Drys – 650b x 47 – only about 60 miles in total on them.
    £45 posted.

lovewookie

Worth having a look at islabikes tyres too

pigyn
    Free Member

Hutchinson Mambas in 650×50, best tubeless fit, decent tread pattern and £30.

montgomery
    Free Member

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/schwalbe-hurricane-performance-tyre/rp-prod193343

I put 4000km on a set of these last year, with plenty of life left in them when I swapped them out. Decent on road, not bad off-road so long as it’s not too muddy – but very little resistance to thorns (if you’re running tubes).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 650b gravel tyres – options?’ is closed to new replies.