• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mm93.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap 29er hardtail
  • sam1988
    Free Member

After a cheap 29er for xc use that’s comfortable enough for long days in the saddle, 50 miles etc. Somthing with 100-120mm travel with a half decent fork, tubeless compatible wheels, a dropper and 1x would be nice but not a deal breaker as I can add these for not alot. I’ve noticed the Vitus Nucleus 29 VR which doesn’t look to shabby and within budget, £800 max. It looks abit more trail so have no idea what it’s like long distance?

snotrag

These are surprisingly nice and my experience of Boardman is the quality will be A1.

Should be able to get some discount of the price too in various ways.

https://www.boardmanbikes.com/gb_en/products/2182-mht-8.9.htm

Reba fork, 1×11 SLX, Decent Deore brakes and good geometry, stealth dropper ready.

ceept

I love my onza payoff. I built it from a frame, but they are doing complete bikes at stupid cheap prices just now too.

Payoff 29" Mountian Bike – Orange

damascus
    Free Member

On one/planet x are bringing out a new range (newer versions of classic hardtails) shortly.

I’m holding out for an aluminium Scandal. They are aiming to sell the frame around the £150 to £200 mark.

No doubt they will do a full bike with that sort of kit level at sub £1000.

If it’s anything like the originals they are going to be great.

The above bike looks like a good deal but if you want a dropper you might be limited with a 27.2 seatpost.

moonsaballoon

I’m on the lookout for something similar and had noticed those onza’s , they are a bit of a bargain but the 27.2 seatpost and no stealth routing is a bit of a deal breaker .

I am hoping that one of the new on-ones fits the bill .

Or what damascus said 🙂  should type quicker

snaps
    Free Member

I’m just about order one of these
    Should be sub £700 build with mix of new/used 2×10 XT parts.

damascus
    Free Member

@moonsaballoon we should really start a new thread “the new on one Scandal” so brant can keep up updated. Im hoping its sooner rather than later this year.

jupiter
    Free Member

I would have said Pinnacle Ramin from Evans, but it doesn’t look like they are coming back. Boardman then.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Also keen to see what Brant produces, had several frames from them over the years cheap and great value.

mm93
    Free Member

Another + for the Boardman.
    I have a 29 pro which is surprisingly good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 29er hardtail’ is closed to new replies.