• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Charity ride – Hayfield to Sheffield for Cut Gate
  • Pook

hi everyone, as you know we’re raising money to sensitively sort the bogs on Cut Gate.  To help, Chrissy Francis is running a sponsored ride from Hayfield to Sheffield via Hassop; MTB Dolly’s Mixer . Please get involved!

Join MTB Dolly’s Mixer Social Ride and Raise Money for Cut Gate

Pook

Shameless bump 😉

BadlyWiredDog

Nice idea, but maybe would be logistically easier for folk if it were a loop rather than a linear ride. i can see getting back across from Sheff being a bit of a ball-ache unless you have a willing chauffeur. Or enthusiastic legs, obviously.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Seems like a better idea than sending 100 riders over cutgate

Hope it doesn’t rain when that sensitively thought out idea happens.

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t think anyone suggested that though? The ride linked to by Pook goes out to Rushup Edge from Hayfield, then heads south towards Hassop and cuts back up to the Sheffield side of things. It’s just in aid of Cut Gate rather than being over it, though I get that you’d sort of expect it to use that route.

mintimperial

Yeah, I’d love to help out raising funds for Cut Gate (have donated already obvs) but as BWD says this is a logistical nightmare for me so I can’t really join in, sorry.

I assume you’re talking about some other event that’s planning to use the path at some point here. Anyway, it’s a big old ditch on top of a hill, not a formal garden, Cut Gate can cope with 100 extra bike riders no problem, rain or no. It needs a bit of tidying up to make it better to ride and stop the spread of the path in a few spots, for sure, but compared with the sort of shenanigans that go on on the surrounding ‘managed’ grouse moors 100 cyclists isn’t even close to damaging to the environment in any real sense, stop being daft.

philxx1975
    Free Member
    mintimperial

Ah, can’t do that one either, got a wedding to go to that day. Wouldn’t have any qualms about joining in with it though…

Pook

Yeah PDMTB are working quite proactively with various organisers to get them thinking about the trails. The BHF, for example, talked to Peak District MTB about the best most resilient route (within the Ladybower watershed) when we flagged the sensitivity of Cut Gate at the time of year proposed. They’ve been a great group to work with since and are very supportive of the advocacy work going on.

Likewise on MTB Dolly’s Mixer Chrissy talked to us about the route; it’s a balance between making it a challenge, though achievable; on fun trails though not potentially causing conflict between users. That’s the reason it’s just 100 riders by the way. Si Bowns had the ideal route and Chrissy has done the rest.

If anyone knows a way if getting 100 back over the Peak though that would be ace….any local uplifts/ willing to support?

The Steel Valley Ride is going over Cut Gate, but it’s mid summer so a bit of optimism for the weather in there I guesd. 20% to the cause is brilliant.

Anyway, please, please get behind it. Even if you just chip some cash in. We can’t sort it out with likes – we need the money :o)

Thanks for the support

theboatman
    Free Member

Oh, that’s for the link for Steel Valley ride, I’m up for that.

Would have loved to do the Dolly Mixer ride, but as others have noted the logistics of it being a point to point ride, mean I’m out unfortunately.

Pook

I might make some calls.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Charity ride – Hayfield to Sheffield for Cut Gate’ is closed to new replies.